This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first SC?

As i started my new job, engraving signs, i thought i'd been lucky, a job where i donæt have to deal with the customers! as the guy treainign me does that part.

But!... he is working 50% days, going home at lunch, so i'm left at work after that alone...

I got a customer *gasp* he comes in, he wants license plates, i'm a bit bewildered, not knowing if we did that, checked our previous work, and apearantly we make plates for veteran cars (30 year old cars, is a veteran here)
    i said we're a busy latly, but we'll see what we can do, and that the boss will call him in the mornign, as he's the one with all the knowlage, he accepts that, and leaves, unfortunatly, i was sick the friday, monday and thuesday (closed during weekends) but according to the boss, he'd been in every day, checking on him, getting told each time, that we have alot of work, and he'll have to wait till thursday to get them, i'm back at work today(wednesday) and he comes in again, asking the same thing he'd asked my boss while i was sick, and whines about how he has to drive a long way to get here (uhm.. heard of a phone? i hear they work wonders over a distance)
    So now i'm corrently painting the license plates, mmm... i love the smell of paint and paint thinners in the morning, and had to chuckle when i saw the licens plate numbers, here in Norway, its starts with two letters, a space, then a 5 digit number, my old car had "LY *****"

The customer who has hard of understanding our simple message's license plate?

"SC *****"
    Rawr

Quoth Hemily View Post
    The customer who has hard of understanding our simple message's license plate?

"SC *****"
    If that isn't irony, I don't know what is!
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Gotta love it.

By the way, Hemily, I love your avatar
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's funny.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i wrote that post at work, and i think the paint thinner got to me, dang my english is horrible in that post o.O
          Rawr

Comment

Somewhat similar.... you know sometimes people will carve a heart with initials in it? Someone once did that on one of our tables. And the initials were, appropriately enough, "SC".
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
            X