This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short but rude

OK, I have posted many times about the idiocy and smarminess that comes about when I ask people if they have coupons. I only ask because I'll have to hear about it from the bosses if I don't. At this point, I either want the customer to say "yes," "no," or to just ignore the question. I've even started going to the trouble of asking, "Do you have any gift cards or coupons to use?" because that will put gift cards in there minds and I can avoid the stupid, not-funny remarks or fault-finding ("Why would I have a coupon on THIS thing??")

So today I get a totally new rude answer: "No, I don't. If I had any I'd show them to you." Was that really necessary? Don't treat me like I'm stupid 'cause I do my job. So I decided to call her out with this: "Feel free to ignore the question. You're going to get asked because we're required to, so be prepared."
    Last edited by Food Lady; 03-29-2011, 05:57 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Sadly sometimes the bosses either have not dealt too much with the public, or have forgotten what it is like. So they make rules like that. Sorry you have to put up with such.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yeeupp. I remember idiots like that from my Malmart days. It's been two weeks and I am not missing it...a bit...

At least the women who have $50+ worth of coupons tend to be nicer. Why is it when you are trying to save them money they feel free to act like an asshole?

EDIT: Unrelated note, but I noticed that I was the 42nd view...can I EVER get away from this number???
      Last edited by Tama; 03-29-2011, 08:04 AM.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post

EDIT: Unrelated note, but I noticed that I was the 42nd view...can I EVER get away from this number???
        Must be because it is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, following 41 and preceding 43....

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
          following 41 and preceding 43....
          But 45 is right out of the question :P
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
            Must be because it is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, following 41 and preceding 43....
            I've always been partial to 48½ myself, but I'm living in my own universe.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I've always been partial to 48½ myself, but I'm living in my own universe.
              Where π=3.62779...?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                No.

Wait , this means that the Answer and the Question are now simultaneously kno---- *fzzzzzt*
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  If I had any I'd show them to you."
                  That's what she said.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Where π=3.62779...?
                    Nope. In my universe π = apple, or cherry, or Boston cream, etc., all of them ala mode.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

3.14 <--> PIE

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

giggle!

that is all
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Mmmmmm, π!

Comment

Working...
                          X