This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of scammers, and one arrest

Yep, we got to put a gal in jail for passing us fake hydromorphone prescriptions. I have to say, she did a GREAT job faking them, too. The prescriptions were almost spot on, so was the signature, and fooled us for about 6 months. The woman was also a good actor and knew to come in around 5 or 6 o'clock, when we are slammed, so we wouldn't have as much time to scrutinize things.
    Her insurance called her doctor's office, asking why there were claims being put in for medications but none for doctor's visits, so they clued in first that she was forging these things. They called the cops, the cops called us, and we merely waited for her to come in again for more. I wasn't there that day, but apparently, it was a rreeeeaaaally slow time, and the tech and pharmacist were having a hard time pretending to be working on a script when they weren't, really. The cops did come in short order and blocked off all the entrances and exits to the store. One moron down, so many more to go!

We also had a lower level idiot who had gotten a script for 12 Vicodin from the ER, and tried to claim that the doctor had put down 9 refills for it. Nice try, lady. Thing one, ERs almost never put refills on scripts, especially not for a routine one like #12 Vicodin. Thing two, controlled meds like that can only have 5 refills in 6 months' time, whichever come first.
    I didn't hear what she said when she came back, but we hit a print screen of the scanned in script, where it was clearly a 0 with a line through it, and not a 9.

Ah well, can't blame them for trying.

I would not have the nerve to forge a script...or to alter one.

And she actually thought making the 0 into a 9 would work?? I'm not in any sort of medical field, none whatsoever...and even I know doctors won't write a script for 12 vicodin with 9 refills! haha What a moron.
    Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

That one she didn't actually deface the script, the doctor was just writing really fast so the slash through the zero was a little offset. Even then though, we could tell what it was, and it sure as hell wasn't a 9.

We had another interesting SC today, although he wasn't a scammer. He called last night and spoke to the afternoon pharmacist about some ear pain that his son was experiencing. She told him that if he was running a fever that he needed to take him to a doctor, because that would indicate an infection. He told her that the child was not, so she told him about the Similsan ear drops that could help with pain. He said he'd be down in a few minutes.
      Well, an hour later, he hadn't come and her shift was over, so she left. Apparently Numbnuts came by and didn't check to see if the overnight pharmacist was in, and came in today and grumped at her that she didn't tell him that her shift was ending. Uhhhh....one, the pharmacist on duty was more than capable of helping him, and two, we're under no obligation to tell anyone when our shifts end, I don't want someone waiting out in the parkinglot for me. He also tried to pin some blame on her that his son was running a fever now. Hello? Do not pass go, do not collect $100, take him to the pediatrician please, you idiot!
      He also had a 3rd party check that he was all pissed that we wouldn't accept. It's called a bank, you troglodyte. That's where paychecks go.

Comment

Working...
      X