This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    That's usually what does happen. If it gets around that the customer is well-known for not tipping, they'll only be bothered to do the absolute minimum required. Whereas, if someone is known to tip, they'll bend over backwards.
    Quoted for truth

any delivery driver who has been in the biz over say a year or two has a memory BETTER than an elephant on both sides of the coin ie. good and bad tippers. we know who is in these groups and we remember esp if they are semi or frequent orderers
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth RxBoy View Post
      I think I would have made an appointment for my next haircut at that place and specifically requested that hairdresser. When she finished, I would have paid the bill and given her no tip. If she didn't remember who I was, I would have asked her how the pizza was as I was leaving.
      Wouldn't that have been fun.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot the tip: Don't stiff your pizza delivery driver next time."

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That would shock me as well, someone who also depends on tips stiffing a fellow tip-dependent worker.

But then again, when I worked at the gas station, I ran into people who worked at other stores who threw fits about having to show ID and would moan about gas prices to me. I couldn't believe it.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          That would shock me as well, someone who also depends on tips stiffing a fellow tip-dependent worker.

But then again, when I worked at the gas station, I ran into people who worked at other stores who threw fits about having to show ID and would moan about gas prices to me. I couldn't believe it.
          Blas you would be surprised at the "attitude" (as in stiffing jerks) of some of the people I KNOW to be servers that I deliver to. it is really funny to delivery to them after say 10pm, they are STILL in their uniform and servers apron when I arrive with their food. they pay me in all $1 bills to the next highest dollar.

again you would be surprised at the number of hair stylists that straight stiff.

what is worse is when you deliver to a person you know is FORMER delivery driver and they straight stiff you. it is even worst when they worked for your store and constantly bitched and moaned about getting stiffed.

Thankfully these are a small minority. the majority do tip generously (and I mean generous sometimes to a fault)
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X