This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Lightning IS an issue...

We're a retailer for a satellite TV service. This guy, who had been a total PITA the entire time calls this morning and DEMANDS that we install him RIGHT EFFING NOW.

Here are a few problems with this:

1) He just gave us his correct information last night, after giving us INCORRECT info for the past 4 days.
    2) There is a track of huuuuuge storms going through the area (lightning + standing on a roof with eletronics = bad ), so no one is getting installed today.
    3) There are people in line before him.

How about this schmuck flips out that "he needs TV right now, MAKE IT HAPPEN." He actually verbalized that he didn't care if it was storming; it was the tech's problem if there was lightning in the area.

Thank goodness I didn't speak to him.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

I see no problem having the tech install during a storm as long as the home owner is willing to wear a grounding wire and hold a 20ft metal pole, while the tech is on the roof. sounds safe to me. I mean they are only blowing winds and are roofs really that high?

<do I really need to say sarcasim?>
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Honestly, I probably would've laughed at him and hung up.

That's ridiculous that he cares more about his precious TV then the safety of someone else... Oh, I just noticed the site.

Nevermind.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

The funny thing is, safety aside, installing in a lightning storm actually isn't possible due to reception issues.

Honestly, I probably would've laughed at him and hung up.
        I would have done that too :P
        "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I would have given him the self-install kit.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            I would have given him the self-install kit.
            ...And then told him exactly where to ...uh...install it?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Well, first you insert the plug into the . . . .
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                The funny thing is, safety aside, installing in a lightning storm actually isn't possible due to reception issues.

That's what I was going to say.

Install him so he can sit inside and watch snow? Oooooo-kay.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                  We're a retailer for a satellite TV service. This guy, who had been a total PITA the entire time calls this morning and DEMANDS that we install him RIGHT EFFING NOW.

Here are a few problems with this:

1) He just gave us his correct information last night, after giving us INCORRECT info for the past 4 days.
                  2) There is a track of huuuuuge storms going through the area (lightning + standing on a roof with eletronics = bad ), so no one is getting installed today.
                  3) There are people in line before him.

How about this schmuck flips out that "he needs TV right now, MAKE IT HAPPEN." He actually verbalized that he didn't care if it was storming; it was the tech's problem if there was lightning in the area.

Thank goodness I didn't speak to him.
                  He didn't say, "Make it so...."

Noone really needs TV...so whatever...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Like this?

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ohgawd....

How I would love to see the SC in the OP's post do that....
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                      X