Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why these come to me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why these come to me.

Phone calls. Bane. Existance. (Translations for those of you who don't speak Creole are in brackets.) This could also fit into Tech Support but that's not my job description, so I stuck it in SC first. We'll see where it ends up, heh.

Me: "Newsroom."
    Dumbness: "Can Ah get d'website for ya'll pay-pah?" (Can I get the website for your paper?)
    Me: "Sure, it's *www.nameofpaper.com*."
    Dumbness: "Uh...dubaduba dot named pay-pah dot cam?" (Uh, ww.namedpaper.com?)
    Me: "wwW.NAMEOFpaper.com."
    Dumbness: *sounds of furious typing*
    Me: *waits*
    Dumbness: "Does Ah gotta put d'dubaduba fronta dat?" (Do I gotta put the ww in front of that?"
    Me: "It's wwW. Three W's. And you do have to put it in front of the nameofpaper part."
    Dumbness: "Uh...naw warkin'." (Uh, not working.)
    Me: "Where'd you put the address in?"
    Dumbness: "Mah Microsoft." (My Microsoft.)
    Me: Oh. Jesus. "Um, are you connected to the Internet right now?"
    Dumbness: "Innanet?" (Internet?"
    Me: "Yeah, are you online?"
    Dumbness: "Ya'll mean d'AOL?" (You mean the AOL?)
    Me: "Sure, why not. Are you connected to AOL?"
    Dumbness: "Naw, AOL d'debil. Dun use no AOL." (No, Aol is the devil. Don't use no AOL.)
    Me: Great, this HAS to be a prank call if he's quoting Waterboy at me. "Sir, you'll need to be connected to the Internet to view our website."
    Dumbness: "Aw, he-alls. Ah really gotta?" (Ah, hell. I really gotta?"
    Me: "Yes sir."
    Dumbness: "Awright...calla back." (All right. Call you back.) *hangs up*

I don't even pretend like I know what that was...
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

A moment of silence for my dearly departed brain cells...

Anyways, that's a candidate for Computer Stupidities. It'll fit right in with the guy calling tech support from a phone booth because he can't get connected to the Internet, and the reason he's using the phone booth is because his phone isn't hooked up yet.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Crap.

The part of my brain that does math just committed sideways...
      Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Ow, Ow, ow. Doctor, we have a patient who has lost a lot of brain cells. He needs help.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Dude

I can't imagine you ever being this stupid, so rather than ponder the IQ level necessary to make the phone call but not know about the internet, I'll pose a deeper question:

Mysty, where in the hell did you pick up this weird-ass karma that you deserve these calls?
          "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
          - Raven

Comment

Phone Jockey's customers have SPREAD. SAVE YOURSELVES!!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Phone Jockey's customers have SPREAD. SAVE YOURSELVES!!!!
              Dammit PJ! You were supposed to keep them locked up in the pen!
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Writer Cath View Post
                I can't imagine you ever being this stupid, so rather than ponder the IQ level necessary to make the phone call but not know about the internet, I'll pose a deeper question:

Mysty, where in the hell did you pick up this weird-ass karma that you deserve these calls?
                Probably all those times I was playing Fallout 2 and gave the New Reno prostitutes drugs and lit dynamite. I knew I enjoyed their screams of agony just a little too much...
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                X