Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe that I'm the only one bothered by this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe that I'm the only one bothered by this.

Is it me or is it just rude and clueless to try to interact with some one while wearing your headphnes? I don't know how loud you are playing your machine or if you are at all. Take them off.

Oh, and if we aren't out in the bright sun and you don't have a medical reason for wearing them inside, take off your shades. It doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look shady (sorry, the pun is inescapable).
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
    Oh, and if we aren't out in the bright sun and you don't have a medical reason for wearing them inside, take off your shades. It doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look shady (sorry, the pun is inescapable).
    amen...AMEN!! I can't tell you how many times the Tall One and I are walking through a mall, and we see these "I'm EVER so fashionable" people wearing shades. In a mall. At night.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Lately with me, it is the Bluetooth people. They walk around with the earpiece on, but I never see the phone. Hmmmmmm?

I just want to yell "Cyberman!" and throw gold plated jewelry at them.
      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

My husband is guilty of the bluetooth thing. I give him crap, but alas, it has come to naught.

Oh well, he's perfect in most every other way, so I can't complain....

Comment

It bothers me too. Especially when headphone-wearers do that thing of shouting, presumably so they can hear themselves over the music. "CAN I RETURN MY BOOKS PLEASE??!?!!"
          Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Bluetooth wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the blinky blue light. It would be just one more piece of gadgetry. The blue light makes it look tacky.

"Attention, shoppers, we have a blue light special in aisle 4..."

Comment

Okay. I'm guilty of the headphones thing when I walk out of the gym and to my car. I'm still jammin' to my IPod. Then, when I get to my car and detach the IPod and put it in my car stereo - I'll forget the headphones are still attached to my ears.

The Bluetooth thing, doesn't bother me so much. I only hate it when they are talking into the tooth and I am on the opposite side they are wearing it...I think they may be talking to me...but they are talking to someone else.

I have this feeling we're going to be a sad, isolated society some day...we won't need to talk to each other directly - we'll have our entertainment in the palm of our hand and won't need to share moments with anyone...sigh.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I remember when those things were becoming popular. Working in a lot that's sponsored by Cingular, you see plenty of up and coming gadgets. Bluetooth is nice, as it works with my computer but those headsets annoy me. Plenty of times I thought a customer wanted to ask me a question only to realize he's on his phone with that thing that makes him look like an agent from the Matrix.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  Lately with me, it is the Bluetooth people. They walk around with the earpiece on, but I never see the phone. Hmmmmmm?

Hehehe, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks about that. I just got the first two discs of Season 1 (actually season 20-something, the one with Christopher Eccleston) from BBV. I'm trying to get caught up before the new season comes on BBC America.

About the shades, maybe they want to be like Corey Hart. *Walks off wondering how many people will pick up the obscure '80's reference.

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
                    About the shades, maybe they want to be like Corey Hart. *Walks off wondering how many people will pick up the obscure '80's reference.
                    "I wear my sunglasses at night, I wear my sunglasses at night"

And I was born in 87!
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post

Ah! A fellow Whovian.

My favorite is to make a comment about the Borg where they can hear it.

My dad got one and I muttered under my breath to my sister "Look! It's Dadcutis of Borg."

My dad didn't hear it, but my mother in the other room heard it, walked past me to where the paper was sitting on the table, rolled it up, walked back and thwapped me in the head with it.

M
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        I have this feeling we're going to be a sad, isolated society some day...we won't need to talk to each other directly - we'll have our entertainment in the palm of our hand and won't need to share moments with anyone...sigh.
                        Yeah we will just have to have a phone number attached to the front of our registers so they can call us to interact with us...from two feet away.
                        WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

One time at a restuarant, we had the manager called over to our table. He came over wearing sunglasses and proceeded to leave them ON the whole time! And he was the manager!

Unless you are one of those light sensitive people or are legally blind, there's no reason to wear sunglasses like that.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            amen...AMEN!! I can't tell you how many times the Tall One and I are walking through a mall, and we see these "I'm EVER so fashionable" people wearing shades. In a mall. At night.
                            (cue Corey Hart)
                            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Ok, on the sunglasses, I agree with everyone on this. The only time it's ok to leave your shades on inside dealing with people is if your Paul Teutel Sr. (Orange County Choppers) and thats just because thats become part of his trademark (and with arms like that he could likely snap most people in half if we didn't like it

The blue tooth thing doesn't bother me too much. But then again most of the clients & customers I deal with at their offices, I don't get much walk in business (keeps me sane).

Funny story about the blue toothy type headsets. I was delivering a job last week to a client at a local gym. The guy I was seeing was the head salesman/trainer guy. He always has his earpiece in even if he is off the phone. When I went in he was on the phone (I didn't know it at first) and he starts going off on the guy, who happens to have the same first name that I do. So the first thing I hear is "Digilight" why is it that everytime I'm talking to you we have some type of a problem my first thought was oh shit what did I do. Then he pointed at the phone and my blood presure droped back to normal again.

Still though, I figure as long as the work keeps coming my way, I don't really care to much.
                              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
                              X