This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    and ouch on the typo LOL (I realize it's probably just a genuine typo, but I've had people call me "trollbaby" when they were trying to be mean LOL)

OMG! I'm so sorry. Would you believe that I had to re-read your name two or three times before I realized what you meant about "the typo"? I just for some reason have been mentally inserting that 'r' in there every time I've seen your name on the boards here.

(I have this problem all the time. I actually have trouble at work because I keep calling co-workers by other co-workers' names. It's like I have a concept in my head of who they are, a sort of "them-ness", and I just label that concept freeform with whatever I want. I try very hard not to, but then I open my mouth and do it anyway.)

One of these days, I'm going to wind up just calling people "apple" or "camel" or "lederhosen".

Comment

"I do get people who like to tell me how bad "the gays" are. One woman told me all about how "the gays" were molesting young boys in bathrooms, and why that's why she took her young son into the ladies room."

Maybe you should have told her that boys get turned gay by all the stray estrogen floating around ladie's rooms.

Comment

I have a quarantine for wool and silks, I section off all the different types, pack in loose folds of cotton or canvas with sachets filled with cedar, and leave there for sometimes a couple of months.

When garments are finished they are stored away in my dresser with cedar sachets, or in the closet with the same.

My mom had a moth infestation when I was little. We were poor and mom and saved and worked and done LOTS of favors to get those yarns. She cried for days.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Arachne View Post
          OMG! I'm so sorry. Would you believe that I had to re-read your name two or three times before I realized what you meant about "the typo"? I just for some reason have been mentally inserting that 'r' in there every time I've seen your name on the boards here.
          *snicker* no worries I've actually made the typo once or twice myself

One of these days, I'm going to wind up just calling people "apple" or "camel" or "lederhosen".
          Ok... I'd pay to see that But then, I'm known for spontaneously renaming my friends (I have two friends in a very small circle who are both named Steven... so one day, I said to the younger Steven, "From this day forward, you shall be known as Scott!"... and he is!)
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
          X