This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utter moron >___<

Some back story for you first. I live in a village in England. A TINY village with a duck pond and a church that looks like a victorian painting. My pharmacy is over 100 years old and the only other shops in the village are a gas station and a small convienance shop. So we're talking TINY here.

Guy comes in to the pharmacy dressed in a suit and carrying breifcase just oozing 'the big I AM' vibes. Immediatly I know he's come off the motorway from London and is lost. This happens a lot.

GUY: Hey there I'm looking for Classic carpeat factory, says here it's on ___road
    ME: Sorry there's no factory in this village you must be mistaken
    GUY:....sorry but no way am I mistaken I have the address right here 100___road
    ME :....___ road is residential houses from number 30 - 50, no factory has ever been there.
    GUY: Ok can you get me someone else here to help me
    ME: There is no one else here and I have lived in 32___ road for 25 years and I think that might just mean that I know what I'm talking about
    GUY: ... Right, there's a MAN over the road I'll ask him

- The way he said MAN was so obvious that silly women know nothing -

I went back to my work chuckling to myself over how big city types can't stand being wrong and wonder how I missed my neighbours building a carpeat factory under my nose. I thought that would be it but nooo he comes BACK!

GUY: OK OK there's no factory in ___ road
    ME .....right?
    GUY: ......... - silent -
    ME : and what else can I do for you?
    GUY: Where's the bank?
    ME: there is no bank here
    GUY:...ok take out resturant?
    ME: not one of those either. This village has a Pharmacy, gas station and a small shop selling newspapers and some snack foods.
    GUY: jesus what sort of place is this?
    ME: A village

He was just so up his own A$$ it was un believable.

That's hilarious! To think, you're not even safe from egotistical idiots in a that lovely village...

I am a female in charge of an auto repair shop. I can't tell you how often men look over my shoulder for another male to consult only to realize that I'm the only the person with whom to speak, and I wouldn't have the job if I wasn't capable. Beside, we all know how bad men are about directions... *grin*

Comment

perfect!
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post
        A small chunk of the remnants of Merrie Olde England.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That's hilarious. Good job!

I HATE 'uppity' people who think they're so much smarter than we are. When I worked at the Hotel, guy comes in and this conversation takes place:

SC: "Where's 50 East?"
          Me: "Down at the bottom of the hill...turn right..that's 50 East."
          SC: "No, it's not, that's west."
          Me:" "Um..no it's not it's east."
          SC:" I think I know which way is east and which is west....so just tell me where 50 is:
          Me: "OK...down at the bottom of the hilll.that's 50....right is EAST..left is WEST."
          SC: (yelling) NO IT"S NOT! I'll just go left!! THAT"S EAST!"
          Me: "Fine, go right ahead"

He leaves, I kind of laugh to myself just imagining the look on his face when he sees the sign at the bottom of our hill saying "50 EAST, turn RIGHT...50 WEST, turn LEFT."

If the SC's think we're so freaking stupid...why the hell do they ask us anyway?? Morons.
          Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

Maybe you should have invited him to move there.

Then you would have your Village Idiot!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

I was just thinking, his village lost their idiot!
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

He's not a lost village idiot...he was banned for giving other village idiots a bad name.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  He's not a lost village idiot...he was banned for giving other village idiots a bad name.
                  Oh no . . .he's BARNEY.

No wonder the other dinosaurs became extinct - they didn't want to hang with him anymore.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I hate it when a guy asks me something, then tries to find another male to ask after I have already replied... I wouldn't have answered if I didn't know what the answer actually was!!!

Comment

It coulda been worse....at least he didn't demand that you immediately build him a carpet factory in that location.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

This guy should look on the bright side. You could have started pulling the snipe hunt routine on him. With a villiage that small, you could have gotten everyone involved fairly easily.

Comment

Working...
                        X