This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt like reality blipped

Who knew I could live a customers-suck cliche?

I found a STEAK in the magazine section at the cashier aisle.

I felt like looking around for a forum screen.

I turned it into the employee. Fortunately it was still cold.

WHO DOES THIS STUFF? THE EMPLOYEE IS RIGHT THERE!!!

I could see maybe believing in the idiocy of 'Leave it, they're paid to put it back' but not for a STEAK.

Quoth Lots42 View Post
    I felt like reality blipped
    The Silence made you forget. </Dr Who>
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oh, I hate that. I always give it to the cashier when it is my turn, saying, "Someone left you a perishable go-back."

They always seem to have a disconnect, that that kind of behavior costs everyone more in higher grocery prices. Everyone, INCLUDING THEM!!
      Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

I work in a supermarket. I'll never understand why people do that. Though I will say this: When you CATCH them doing it and say, "Sir/Ma'am! I'll take that for you. That definitely doesn't belong with the magazines/candy/etc!" They look like deer in headlights and lock up before sheepishly handing it over. It's great.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
          I work in a supermarket. I'll never understand why people do that. Though I will say this: When you CATCH them doing it and say, "Sir/Ma'am! I'll take that for you. That definitely doesn't belong with the magazines/candy/etc!" They look like deer in headlights and lock up before sheepishly handing it over. It's great.
          I've shamed two different shoppers ahead of me into picking up the things they'd been trying to abandon in the ten feet between putting stuff on the belt and reaching the cashier. In both cases, the people bought the item they didn't want. Whatever floats their boat.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, there's no shame when it comes to people wasting expensive perishables. It's one reason I'm glad my store nixed the seafood department when they remodeled. I got so sick of people ordering shitloads of shrimp and lobster to be cooked, only to leave it behind at the register.

One of my fellow cashiers in the pharmacy made a startling discovery a few weeks ago. "Um . . . hey, do you know why there's a rack of ribs sitting on my counter, Shiny?"

No freaking clue, but I ran it back to the meat department regardless, and the guy back there took it from me. I imagine he probably had to write it off
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

My biggest pet peeve is people who will stand in line and decide they dont want some thing and instead of handing it to me will put it down on the side of register. I just dont understand it

Comment

They do that to me too. I will say, "I can take that if you don't want it" and they get the deer look, too. I bet they don't do it again, but alas, someone else will.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                  I got so sick of people ordering shitloads of shrimp and lobster to be cooked, only to leave it behind at the register.
                  All deli items that must be prepped should have to be paid for right then and there. That way, if the douchebag decides that they don't really want it, it can go up on discount for someone else who might or something similar.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or you'll have someone in line at the registers that will pick up a doodad from the impulse shelf in front of them. They'll look it over, then turn around completely so they can place it on the shelf behind them. WTF?
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                      I think I gave one customer a near heart attack Thursday while wandering around with the big Scanning cart, double checking signage on the frozen aisle.

Right in front of me this guy was setting two boxes of cereal onto a display. I quickly picked them up and set them down on my cart while smiling "I'll take that if you don't want those." All the while I'm giving him my death glare and a smile at the same time.

Guy scurried off and almost ran into me on a couple of other aisles while he was in the store but couldn't be bothered apparently to look at me.

Don't know how some of these folks were raised but the way I was raised, I was taught that if you didn't want something you don't pick it up to begin with. And if you change your mind you put it back where it came from 'cause my Mom was not the maid and didn't have time or energy (working 2 jobs) to clean up after kids who were old enough to do it themselves.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

See its stuff like this that makes me not want to apply to work at a grocery store ever again. >.<
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X