Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reserved mine at Walden b/c it's 3 stores down from where I work. I can't wait.

As much as it's fun to combat the religious ignorant with a comebacks such as, "If Harry Potter books did teach spells I'd have turned you into a worm by now" or insert your own personal line...

Please don't. I'm not asking this as a Mod. I'm asking as a devout witch. Someone who fights every day to make this religion taken seriously and to stop spreading Hollywood-made fear.

I won't say I don't sometimes think these things. But instead I choose to arm myself with mind-opening statements instead of just eye-opening ones. Yes, it makes me sad to see people condemning a children's fiction book without even reading it. It angers me to see people trying to infringe on others rights to read what they please and live their lives how they choose. But think about how bad those people make others of their religion look. And then think about how a quick comeback makes the pagans look.

*stepping off my soapbox now...*
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

I try not to react to them with the spell threats. No matter how much fun it is they will think you are a nutjob and not take you seriously, either that or take it as a challenge to out nut job you!

The way i respond is with a "Really, where?" And ask them where in the book and generally try to get them to ither trip up on their own ignorance and show they havent read the books. Either that or just go "oh really then I must go read them books because if people like you hate them so much then they must be wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful suggesion for my reading list." That usually gets them rather upest.

Comment

Working...
      X