This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    I had a cat that was psycho. I saw what they'd written on her chart at the vet. "Bad Cat." and "Fast."

Well, she was both of these.
    Sounds like the warnings on my cat's chart. Since he bit his previous vet, I had to warn the new vet that he *will* bite. Kitty tends to freak out if there are other animals around, especially dogs. He hates being in his carrier; he hates being at the vet's...and tends to act accordingly.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Sounds like the warnings on my cat's chart. Since he bit his previous vet, I had to warn the new vet that he *will* bite. Kitty tends to freak out if there are other animals around, especially dogs. He hates being in his carrier; he hates being at the vet's...and tends to act accordingly.
      My grandmother's cat is the same. The vet called her the 'devil cat', and even though she's de-clawed, she will still use those teeth of hers to give you a nasty bite if she gets a grip. You can't come within 10 feet of her before she tenses up and starts hissing and trying to bat at you. She hates me especially, since I was tasked with catching her and putting her in the basement during a holiday dinner once.
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

So, for the vet, does that make your CAT the sucky customer?

*ducks*
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
          So, for the vet, does that make your CAT the sucky customer?
          Well, considering I wasn't the one getting the shot....

I think that's why he acts like he does. He knows that when the carrier comes out, things are going to be unpleasant for him. At least now though, he'll let me put him in the carrier, and doesn't fight too much. Getting him out at the vet's is another story--for that, he literally gets dumped out.

I've tried putting a treat in there, or some of his toys, or even letting him out for some petting before the vet comes in. But, he wants none of that. He will hide as far back in the carrier as he can.

But, once it's all over, he'll cry all the way home. As soon as the carrier door opens, he runs out and hides behind the furnace.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Poor kitty. That's like my friend's cat. They rescued her off the street . Little kitty was so bony. I swear a day more, she probably would have died. Needless to say, this little kitten, having been abandoned long enough to get in such horrible condition, needed lots of medicine and vitamins. So, now she associates being picked up with getting icky tasting stuff crammed down her throat.

Anyway, she is doing great now! She's all perfectly plump (she actually has to go on a diet from binge eating!) and her fur is all nice and plushy now. She is a bundle of affection...loves to be pet, sit in your lap, curl up and fall asleep with you...but she still doesn't like being picked up. I told my friends, they need to train her (and fast) that being picked up means nice things...not just medicine. I don't know how old your kitty is protege, but something similar may work...as long as kitty doesn't go to the vet immediately afterward.
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
              I told my friends, they need to train her (and fast) that being picked up means nice things...not just medicine. I don't know how old your kitty is protege, but something similar may work...as long as kitty doesn't go to the vet immediately afterward.
              A little bit of TLC and patience works wonders in this regard. One of my older cats had this problem after we got her. No matter what, she absolutely hated being picked up and held. It's taken a few years, but I now have her to the point that I can pick her up, hold her and pet her, and she just loves it. To break her of the fear, I would gently pick her up, talk to her and pet her until she wanted down, and when I let her down, I did it gently on her favorite perch. I made sure to never let her drop. After a while, she began to realize that being picked up wasn't a bad thing, and in fact meant she was going to get what she craves, attention. I did the same thing with the cat I had as a kid, and eventually, I was the only person she would let pick her up and hold her. She was almost 12 at that time, so they can learn given time.
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
                So in the course of a few days, these people have pretty much run the gamut of sucky hotel customer types. The only thing they haven't done yet is complain about the price. D-Day will be tomorrow morning, when she looks at her bill to find she paid more than a hundred bucks a night for her room. Then she will think about how difficult a time she had and blame it on us. It's a no brainer.
                What happened?!
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  What happened?!

She got her shit for free. And a coupon good for an additional 10% off the next time she stays here.

Chalk one up to the spineless ass kissing managers who want to "protect" business we will never see again. He did it in case she fills out a customer survey. But trust me, people like this never take in to account the fact that they just got something for nothing when they fill them out.

And this woman and her dumbass family continues to travel and exist. And experiences like this one will only encourage her sucky behavior.

Oh, and when i boarded Tosca, my Beagle/collie/annoying dog mix, they had to separate her from the rest of the population because she would howl just to make the other dogs howl. Like she was leading them in song. The note on her cage? "Loudmouth."

Not as funny as "Bad Cat" though. That's awesome.

Comment

Oh no she didn't! That really burns me up... Your manager needs to grow a spine...and a set of balls...jeeeeez.....

Comment

As someone who worked for several years in various vet offices, with everything from dogs and cats, to horses, to exotics, no one should EVER be offended by anything written on their pet's chart in regards to their pet's behavior. It saves us time and trouble knowing if a dog is a biter when getting it's nails cut, so we have to muzzle the dog, rather than trying to muzzle them once they're wound up, for example. I'm glad to see everyone here seems to simply get enjoyment from the notes on their pets' files

And my mom's yellow lab, Sunny? I have no doubt that the boarder has notes on her file as to how jumpy, noisy and excitable she is. And the vet--I have no doubt they know she puts up a fuss about getting her nails cut, because she is a very large baby.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                      X