This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigh....BIG EFFING SIGH.......

Just some one-liners that have had me almost in tears.....all today, since all my coworkers took today off, I'm open to close.

What is cell-phone?

Where can I get free TV?

Make my phone work!

Do you work here? (smash!)

Why don't cellphones have cords??? (wha...???)

How do you like your job?

Tu Speakey Spanish?

Where's the closest circuit city?

I need a charger for a Nokia phone.....(then, when asked what model?) Nokia! I just said that! jeez, I guess they dont pay you enough to listen....

Man, where's that call center Jesus when I need him???

He's off celebrating his birthday
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, well, I'm a customer, and I demand service!!!!!!! Just kidding, seriously. Put the guns and knives down. Please. I mean, put the marshmallows and gumdrops down.....(we can't glorify/joke about violence, sorry Ree.)

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post

We need the equivalent of a bat signal or somethin'....
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

The RS call center Jesus is right here, performing technological miracles for retards who think they can plug a coax cable into a 3/4" pinkney flange.
          I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Why don't cellphones have cords???
            Oh, but they DO. They're invisible.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How do you like your job?
              I suppose that would depend. How often do people ask questions that damned stupid?
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Coincidentally enough, I asked them how they liked my job, and asked them if theyd like an application. I also told them about how I hide in the breakroom and sleep over and cry myself to sleep at night speaking overloaded spanish.

Comment

I get those same questions. Most often the "I need a charger for a Nokia/Motorola/Keyocera/WTFever phone" "What model?" And they look at me as if I'M the moron.

I had one the other day ask how much we rent cell phones for. Um..we don't rent cell phones...we sell them. Duh. She acted as if that was the most absurd thing she'd ever heard. She only wanted one for a month -- her daughter's cell was broken and she could renew her contract next month for a discounted phone...just wanted a phone to 'tide her over'. Sorry, chick..doesn't work that way.

Naturally, she stormed out fuming.
                  Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

I did forget one.....the ever-so-famous......and if you work an electronics store you know this one......

I need some cables for my tv/dvd/record player/blow-up sex toy. What kind? What do you mean what kind???????

Comment

Why don't cellphones have cords??? (wha...???)

Don't feel bad...one of my employees told me the other day that "It won't be long before everyone has a cell phone in their house".
                      I asked him what he meant, and he said you know, like a normal phone, mounted on the wall, but it will be a cell phone that stays in your house instead of taking it with you.

If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                      www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Sooooo basically he's saying.....everyone will soon have a home phone?? WOW...such technology these days. Is he blonde, per chance?
                        Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

Pfsh....home phones....yeah right.....right after we get jet packs and iphones.....

Comment

Quoth SCSlave View Post
                            I had one the other day ask how much we rent cell phones for. Um..we don't rent cell phones...we sell them. Duh. She acted as if that was the most absurd thing she'd ever heard.
                            Actually, there are plenty of companies around that will rent you a cellphone for a day, a week, a month, a year....because I used to work for one of those companies (in the US and in the UK). However, i very much doubt that that lady in question would want to pay the rental costs that most companies of this type charge, and besides, thats not really what she was asking.
                            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                            - Dave Barry

Comment

I often have customers who get confused as to why I would need to ask them what type of memory they need to upgrade their computer. Some don't even think there's a difference between desktop and notebook memory, let alone a dozen different speeds.

And my two most favorite customer questions of sheer stupidity:
                              - Where can I find a Wi-Fi cable?
                              - (Holding a CD with a Wal-Mart label) If I put this photo CD on this scanner, will it print my pictures?
                              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                              - IPF

Comment

Working...
                              X