This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
    I did forget one.....the ever-so-famous......and if you work an electronics store you know this one......

I need some cables for my tv/dvd/record player/blow-up sex toy. What kind? What do you mean what kind???????
    Instead of asking if they need HDMI, VGA or power cords, I ask if they need to hook it to the wall or the tv. Amazingly, some people still don't understand that. Since I work with gaming consoles, you have a fifty-fifty chance of getting the right cable. It only gets bad when they need an AV cable of some sort but can't tell me what sort of input the TV has. "When you play the game, what channel do you turn your tv to? 3? Input 1? HDMI? Games?" (All of which are valid depending on what model tv you have). I get no response often enough. So they get a generic cable that works with most tvs.

Also, I'm a fan of being asked if you need a hi-def tv to get your games or movies to display in hi-def. Nice. Think that one through, please.

Comment

Yeah, well, I'm a customer, and I demand service!!!!!!! Just kidding, seriously. Put the guns and knives down. Please. I mean, put the marshmallows and gumdrops down.....(we can't glorify/joke about violence, sorry Ree.)
      Hehe...when my college plays their big rival (we play soccer) they throw marshmallows on the field.

I need some cables for my tv/dvd/record player/blow-up sex toy. What kind? What do you mean what kind???????
      Give 'em jumper cables...then tell them to hook one end to their brain, and one end to the power supply, and they'll get their movies in 3D virtual reality...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth SCSlave View Post
        Sooooo basically he's saying.....everyone will soon have a home phone?
        Hehe we'll probably get indoor plumbing next

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post

Or maybe those horseless carriages I keep hearing about.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Give 'em jumper cables...then tell them to hook one end to their brain, and one end to the power supply, and they'll get their movies in 3D virtual reality...
            I almost broke rule #1...thankfully I had put the soda can DOWN before reading that!

I'm sorry, I know it's wrong but that is f'n funny...
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

The best is when I get non-english speaking customers who don't know what an address is, or better yet, when I ask em for valid ID for cell phone credit checks, they hand me a fake canadian ID.....I can count 11 separate occasions where that's happened.

Imagine....retarded, one thing.....but you can barely break the language barrier because of it? I deserve a freaking medal for being able to figure out stupidity in spanish.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post

Right after we discover fire.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We have fire? Holy crap!

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                    I almost broke rule #1...thankfully I had put the soda can DOWN before reading that!

I'm sorry, I know it's wrong but that is f'n funny...
                    All Right!! My first Rule #1-violator!! That's just so gratifying
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                    X