This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop shooting pigeons = racist

We just got a corporate complaint today that is counting against us. We're in the process of challenging it.

ACW = "Annoying Coworker"
    SC = The sucky mother
    SCM's kids = The kids
    SCH = SC's husband
    GuestRel = corporate Guest Relations rep
    Boss Man = guess
    Boss Man's Boss = guess again

So last night, some guests complain that SC's offspring were smoking and shooting an airsoft rifle at pigeons in the back parking lot, and they were nervous about it. ACW peeked out the back door and sure enough witnessed one of SC's kids point the rifle at our large sign, fire it, and all the pigeons that camp out up there immediately flew off. SC's two other kids were standing nearby smoking. Seeing as how shooting at birds is so-not-happening on our property, ACW went and called SC to tell her to get her kids to stop.

ACW asked SC about the gun and smoking. SC started yelling at ACW and told her it wasn't her kids. ACW went outside again and saw SC and SCH join the kids. ACW went over and told them they couldn't fire a weapon on our property, not even an airsoft one. SC started yelling at ACW and said her kids could shoot pigeons if they wanted to. ACW said that if they continued they would be asked to leave.

A short while later, SC's neighbor came to the desk to get a refund and leave, because they were still shooting birds and he was nervous about it. While processing his refund, she got two more complaints from other concerned guests, so she called SC back. SC yelled that she hadn't had issues from ACW until then and that ACW was picking on them.

SC then handed the phone to SCH. ACW told SCH the same thing. One more complaint about the gun and they would be asked to leave. SCH screamed that they wouldn't leave unless they got a full refund on their 2-days rent, or else the police would have to force them off the property. (It should be noted at this point that SC's family did not pay for the room. They had a 3rd party organization paying their rent.)

Fortunately, SC's kids went back in the room and there weren't complaints the rest of the night. The next day, they took their sweet time checking out. However, the story isn't over yet.

SC called GuestRel and complained. She said that ACW was rude. She told GuestRel that her kids "may" have been a little rambuncious. She conviniently left out the fact that they were shooting at pigeons and we'd had several guest complaints. She told GuestRel that it "almost felt racist!" OMG not the race card!

GuestRel called CW, who explained what happened. GuestRel said "Oh...wow!" and said he'd just drop the complaint.

However, when we got a copy of the complaint, it was coded against us. So now we have to appeal it. Boss Man's Boss called and asked, because SC called him as well, and he's going to help us appeal this complaint.

Until it gets reversed, SC's crazy family is getting between me and my bonus. (Part of our bonus is based on our complaint rates.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

First complaint that mentioned a gun, even an air rifle, you should have called the police. Then everything would be documented by a third party.

Comment

Why the hell is this being counted AGAINST you? Those kids sound like menances, and they cost the hotel business!
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
        Why the hell is this being counted AGAINST you? Those kids sound like menances, and they cost the hotel business!
        Because the "guests" didn't mention the gun and animal cruelty.

Should have called the cops after the complaints and tell them some future serial killers were causing trouble.

Comment

If the front desk isn't allowed to call police at their own discretion (without first getting management approval, etc), now is a good time to start allowing them to. Because I agree this is a good example of when cops should be called.

Add to that, another customer was refunded because of their discomfort observing these illegal antics. So the SC family should've been kicked out anyway. How likely is it that other unhappy customer will complain and retell the story? I'd never rent from Hotel X if my friend told me such a story.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

You lost good customers directly because of these guys.

As soon as the gun was seen, they should have been told to leave.

Comment

I second the motion that anything involving a gun (I thought you had to be 18 to have an airsoft gun?) should have immediately resulted in those people getting kicked-out. Other customers wouldn't know if it was real or not.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I agree the cops should've been called. Because now that the complaint is in, it's a he said-she said kind of thing and we all know who corporate tends to believe in those situations.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  I second the motion that anything involving a gun (I thought you had to be 18 to have an airsoft gun?) should have immediately resulted in those people getting kicked-out. Other customers wouldn't know if it was real or not.
                  You can buy an Airsoft at any age,they don't even fall under the same classifications as real airguns,at least in the US.
                  All Airsoft guns have an orange tip to indicate that they're a toy
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

^I'm pretty sure you have to be 18+ to buy an airsoft gun. At least that's how it is here in California.

And yeah, you should have called the cops and/or kicked the SCs out after the first complaint.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_i...#United_States

Under Federal Law, airsoft guns are not classified as firearms and are legal for all ages. This is also the case for the laws in each state. However, in some major cities and population centers the definition of a firearm within their respected ordinances includes propulsion by spring or compressed air, thus making airsoft subject to applicable laws. For example, airsoft guns within the state of California can only be bought by a person above the age of 18. However, no laws indicate an age requirement to sell airsoft guns. The seller must only verify that the buyer is 18 or older. A 6 mm minimum orange tip must be present on the barrel end of the airsoft gun (or clear/transparent body) to identify it as such for any commercial sales.[9] Once sold, local laws may vary on whether or not the orange tip must be kept. In many places no laws exist restricting one from removing or replacing the orange tip, but one should check the local laws before making such a modification.
                      Anyway, regardless of the legal issues, they were disturbing guests and should have been told to leave... And refusing to leave after being asked is tresspassing.
                      MMO Addicts group

Comment

All Airsoft guns have an orange tip to indicate that they're a toy
                        Tell that to the pigeons.

Nah, I'm not picking on you, Freddie. Sounds like those "Parents of the Year" really had their heads up their butts. Who the hell lets their kids shoot at anything in the parking lot of a hotel??
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I do recall hearing about people painting toy guns to look real, and painting orange tips on real guns so people would think they were toys. Kinda messed-up, so I wouldn't trust orange tips
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Tell that to the pigeons.

Nah, I'm not picking on you, Freddie. Sounds like those "Parents of the Year" really had their heads up their butts. Who the hell lets their kids shoot at anything in the parking lot of a hotel??
                            I know that a whole lotta folks in big cities would gleefully blast great numbers of them off the street if they were allowed to

Yeah,POTY there are just doin' a fine job instilling good gun safety & handling rules,along with many other fine virtues like driving drunk & armed robbery.
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I'd also suggest contacting the labor board.

Technically you are being punished for asking SCs to not break the law on the company property.

And I'm not talking airsoft - the smoking. If the kids aren't 18 then they are smoking illegally. So you're being punished for not ignoring law breaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X