This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cesii View Post
    Now I have dealt with lots of stinky readers before, they are really nasty. I have had people smelling of pee, sweat, other bodily secretions. Those that may wash their bodies but not their teeth or their clothes (for years, so that their clothes beome stiff and holey).I can't understand why as second hand clothes don't cost that much. Plus would a charity shop refuse to give someone who desperately needs them ?
    Do you have a homeless contingent that comes in that lingers to stay warm/cool?

Comment

They all are

AF, I am convinced the reason that half of them come in here is because they need somewhere warm to sleep.
      I have seen a guy who come in everyday. He washes his face and shaves everyday but doesn't brush his teeth. The inner thigh bit of his trousers have rubbed out and he just wears other trousers on the inside. He waers a suit jacket and white shirts that are worn paper thin.
      Why?
      I mean, you do see the odd person who suffers for their work. That is the type of person who comes in looking quite scruffy, but ok, they they slowly degereate. one guy springs to mind.
      He used to be a quiet reader, comes in the same clothes everyday, but clean. One day the whole bottom of his shoe fell off. He would use a bit of string to tie it on, but by mid afternoon it would disloge and he would walk up to the desk dragging it along.
      It was both funny and tragic. Shoes are so cheap. Alot of the girls had husbands who were wearing the same size and could ave given him one of their old pairs.
      Anyway he went on like that till his project was handed in and he got paid. And brand new pair of shoes! And a little waist jacket thing. I think he may not have had a coat.
      Anyway, apart from guys like that people just come in and sleep, or flirt with as many people as they possibly can. Its a wonder any work gets done at all.
      Its just a gathering ground for crazies, I suppose its better than those people on benefits selling drugs.
      Marginally.
      Last edited by Ackee; 02-08-2007, 03:41 PM. Reason: usual
      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

What's worse tho... people who don't wash or people who smell like they bathe in their perfume? O_o
        C: those who combine the two.
        There's a homeless guy who hangs out in my old store. Normally it's not a problem, though some customers are bothered by his mere presence... [he] even occasionally is seen straightening shelves and cleaning up after other customers.
        That's why they don't like him: he makes them look bad
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
        X