This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a mind reader Jack...

Just got back from work. It's been raining like mad for about a week now so no one wants to make their own food. The mexican fast food place I work at has been busy basically all day. I swear customers are addicted to this stuff. They drive thru crazy monsoon like rainstorms to get friggen tacos! Sorry folks but it ain't that good! Anywho, I got the privelage of taking orders for drive thru today and have a few stories to share.

I mock you, then ask favors

STC: Sucky teen customer
    SF: Sucky teen friends
    Me: Freezing lil ice pop

Me: Hi how are you?
    SF: Nuh, nuh nuh nuh? (mocking me)
    STC: Huh huh! I want (insert order).
    Me: Is that it?
    SF: Nuh nuh nuh?
    STC: Huh huh huh! Yeah...
    Me; Is your order correct on the screen today?
    SF: Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh? Huh huh huh!
    ST: Yeah huh huh huhhuh!
    Me: (insert total) second window please...

At this particular time, I was working drive thru alone so I had to take orders and run window. Soo....

Me: *opens window* That will be (total)
    STC: Ok...Can you give me change for a $20?
    Me: (thinking: you and your friends just spent at least 3 minutes mocking me and laughing like donkeys. NOW you want ME to do YOU a favor?!!) No, sorry I don't have enough yet (lie) I just got this drawer (total lie) so all I have is the basics (huge lie)
    STC: Oh. That sucks.
    SF: Huh huh huh (still laughing about before)

Pull where?

A lady ordered a pan pizza (note: it's a 2 in one store that sells mexican and pizza stuff) and decided to wait 5 minutes for it. We already had a person pulled up and a second person pulled over, so when she came to the window I told her to pull around the first car, out the driveway and back into the parking lot, and to park in front of the building.
    5 minutes later, all the pizza's come out and my manager askes me where everyone is parked.

Me: The cheese pizza combo is pulled up, the 2 orders of breadsticks is pulled over, and the pepperoni pizza is pulled up front.
    Boss Man: Wait...where's the pepperoni?
    Me: Up front in a red car.
    Boss Man: I don't....oh my god I see her.
    Me:
    Boss Man: SHE'S PARKED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!!!!

That's right folks. This woman decided that "the front of the building" was the turn lane of the 5 lane street. We called her into the parking lot and explained where she was supposed to be...

Don't leave, but mind your own business!

CL: Crazy Lady
    L: Coworker

CL: What's her name?! *ponts to manager T*
    L: That's T.
    CL: Well she's a bitch! This store sure is good at hiring bitches!
    L: What did she do to upset you?
    CL: Mind your own business!
    L: I was just asking to see if it was something I could resolve.
    CL: Well you can't do anything! You're just a cashier!
    L: *walks away*
    CL: Don't walk away from me! That's very rude!
    L: I thought you didn't want me to talk to you?
    CL: Well you still shouldn't leave!

So basically, I don't want to talk to you and I don't want you to try to help me. I just wanna sit here and go off on a bitching spree and make you listen quietly while I insult you.

I don't want no drink!

Me: Hi how are you?
    Jack @$$: I want a combo #6 (2 chalupa's, a taco and a drink)
    Me: Alright.
    J@: But I want those chalupa's to be chicken.
    Me: *Pushing buttons to change his order*
    J@: NO!!!
    Me: *finishes pushing buttons* What?
    J@: Ok that's right. *speeds off*

I didn't get a chance to ask if he wanted a hard or soft taco or what kind of drink he wanted, so I told my coworker I wanted to talk to him when he got to the window.

CW: He's here.
    Me: *opens window*
    J@: *shoves money in my face repeatedly*
    Me: Sir i'm not here to take your money. I need to ask you a few questions.
    J@: *shoves bills in my face again*
    Me: I'm not taking those sir. What kind of drink did you want?
    J@: Drink?!! I don't want no drink!!
    Me: So you don't want the combo?
    J@: I ordered the combo so I want the combo!
    Me: Well the combo price includes the drink, so what do you want to drink?
    J@: I don't want no dam drink!!
    Me: So you want 2 chicken chalupa's and a hard taco?
    J@: YEAH!!!
    Me: *changes order* Your new total is (new total)
    J@: *shoves money in my face again, shaking it like a bratty kid*
    Me: *closes window in his face* All yours coworker S

I saved the Jack @$$ 50 cents. All my coworkers told me I should have just let the jerk spend the extra cash.
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

That's right folks. This woman decided that "the front of the building" was the turn lane of the 5 lane street. We called her into the parking lot and explained where she was supposed to be...
    *facepalm to the infinith power*

j@: a combo, i don't think he understands the purpose of it...
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Last guy was a jerk, no excusing that, but as far as the combo with no drink, I have noticed when certain fast food places ring up the combo they ring it up as the price on the menu - regular drink price, and than ring up the drink separately, which could lead one to believe they could get the cheaper combo price if they didn't want a drink (I have never worked fast food and have no understanding of how this actually works besides ordering, please don't mock my ignorance, I'm just saying it could be confusing)

but yea, jack@$$ was still jack@$$
      Last edited by raine_naoe; 05-27-2011, 07:55 AM.
      I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

The beavis and butthead group - yeah, I can relate.

These are the people who seriously test the resolve of retail and fast-food employees to not 'tamper' with their purchase. Not saying you would, Kisa, just mentioning that it DOES happen, and pointing out WHY. Some people just don't get that you shouldn't screw with the person handling your FOOD.

Crazy lady story

"She's a BITCH! This store sure is good at hiring BITCHES!"

My response would have been - "Apparently we attract them as customers, too."

What's the crazy ol' bat gonna do? COMPLAIN TO THE MANAGER? Don't think she's gonna get a lot of sympathy.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
          ...CL: Well she's a bitch! This store sure is good at hiring bitches!...
          Did you want an application?
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I ordered the combo so I want the combo!
            Way back in the day when I worked fast food, I had a guy who ordered a burger, fries and a drink. This obviously being a value meal, I start to enter it as such. Except he starts going off about he will NOT have the value meal it MUST BE A LA CARTE because that's how THEY keep track of you.

me =

So I told him that it would save him a good $2 and he would get the same food. But, he insisted and demanded a receipt to prove that he wasn't being tracked by the value meal.

Thank goodness he wasn't a regular.
            "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I think the "I'm going to bitch about your coworker" thing is the singularly most annoying/infuriating of standard SCs (I'm not counting the complete whackjobs).

Look, even if I agree with you (and I have at times) that person X is scum/whatever, I'm not going to agree with you, or give you anything baring a noncommittal response. And if I happen to LIKE said coworker? Well, you just shot your self in the foot. With a machine gun the way you run your mouth!

I have one student who has turned the entire department against him. Every time he comes in he bitches about what ever Prof has been bugging him today, and then expects us to commiserate with him. I happen to LIKE all of the Profs in this department. Bad mouthing some one I like, and I know that the problem rests on you, not them, does NOT get you preferential treatment!

Comment

Quoth raine_naoe View Post
                could lead one to believe they could get the cheaper combo price if they didn't want a drink
                At some places it's cheaper to get the combo and throw stuff away than it is to just buy the bits you want.

E.g.: Tim Hortons: It's cheaper to buy the sandwich combo (sandwich, drink, doughnut) that it is to just buy a sandwich and a drink. (At least it used to be, I haven't done the math recently with current prices). I usually gave the doughnut to someone else... just plain refusing to take it generally caused confusion.
                There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                  At some places it's cheaper to get the combo and throw stuff away than it is to just buy the bits you want.
                  QFT. At the wholesale club food court, we sold a hot dog combo (hot dog, chips, drink) that effectively gave you the drink for free. Whenever we got people who wanted to buy just a hot dog and drink, we told them to get the combo and either save the chips for later or give the chips away if they really didn't want them.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                    I mock you, then ask favors
                    Easy enough solution: When they get to the window, address them using the "speech" that the use for adults in Charlie Brown cartoons ("Mwa mwa ha, uhuhuh ma mwhaaaa, maa." ["Here you go, eleven oh seven, please"])
                    Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                    l it MUST BE A LA CARTE because that's how THEY keep track of you.
                    That's when you lean over close to his ear and go, "Sir, it's not THEM you have to worry about" (look left and right to make sure nobody else is near) "It's ME..." Then finish the transaction as if nothing unusual happened.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

When I used to work for Taco Hell years and years ago, there would be a few people who wanted the combo but not the drink. At the time it was more expensive to get the combo over the indvidual items so I'd always ring the combo up but never give the person the drink. These customers would bitch, scream, and yell at me AND the shift manager, who would tell them either to stop ordering combos and just the things they wanted or GTFO of the store.

That reminds me, I don't remember if I posted this one story about my time at Taco Hell....
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        Did you want an application?
                        Doubt she could find her way around the Internet . . . as most companies only accept applications online now.

My reply would've been: "I've had people tell me I'm damn good at it. Just ask my Mama."
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My husband happened to listen to this while exploring sites while I was reading your post. Considering you work at the combo pizza/taco, thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Comment

Working...
                          X