This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a complaint was made on me on Saturday

Saturday I was having a bad day at work. I was sun burnt and sick as a dog with allergies.

So on Saturday I was tidying the tshirt aisle of my store for about the 100th time of day when a customer walked up to me looked at my uniform and stared at me for a second watching me fold all the tshirts. Then asked Do you work here? Before I could stop myself I looked at the lady then looked pointedly at my store polo shirt and my name tag then back to her. Apparently its bad customer service to do this.

I see nothing wrong with what you did. You were just making sure before you answered
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
      Then asked Do you work here? Before I could stop myself I looked at the lady then looked pointedly at my store polo shirt and my name tag then back to her. Apparently its bad customer service to do this.
      http://www.retailcomic.com/?m=20060223

If the customer insists on asking a blatantly stupid question, she deserves such an answer.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Now they complain over looks, she would have done so anyway. You can't win with those.

Comment

So, when a customer informs you that there is a problem with your uniform, are you supposed to correct the problem without looking, or are you just supposed to ignore the problem?

Comment

As a customer, I could care less what an employee's uniform looks like. Hmm, I wonder if I could go up to the conductor and ask, "Do you work here?" I guess the hat wouldn't be obivous enough.

and what was the complaint:
            I asked an employee if she worked here and she looked down at her uniform and then me.

And if corporate were worth it's salt it would say:
            Congratulations, you win the stupid award.

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
              So on Saturday I was tidying the tshirt aisle of my store for about the 100th time of day when a customer walked up to me looked at my uniform and stared at me for a second watching me fold all the tshirts. Then asked Do you work here? Before I could stop myself I looked at the lady then looked pointedly at my store polo shirt and my name tag then back to her. Apparently its bad customer service to do this.
              I really need to start doing that myself.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I HATE being asked that question. You don't know how many times after they ask me if work there, I want to say no and then continue to straighten an aisle or keep putting stuff on the shelf. People will ask if I work here and not even wait for my answer. They just go ahead and ask the next question. What's the point?

Comment

She just wanted to blame somebody else for her own stupidity.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At least you didn't say, "Nope! I'm modeling the latest line of (store name) fashion wear! Here's yer sign!"
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

the ol Catc-22 situation ---->>>>>>

1. when in FULL and appropriate employee uniform (including nametag, shirt, ballcapetc), someone will ask "Do you work here????"

2. when out and about OFF THE CLOCK, in a totaly different store or workplace and in obvious street clothes (no matter how dirty, grungey ripped or inappropriate NON-uniform type clothes), someone will ask "DO YOU WORK HERE????"
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Apparently its bad customer service to do this.
                        No no no... you were just checking to make sure your name tag hadn't fallen off.

2. when out and about OFF THE CLOCK, in a totaly different store or workplace and in obvious street clothes (no matter how dirty, grungey ripped or inappropriate NON-uniform type clothes), someone will ask "DO YOU WORK HERE????"
                        Yep. Sometimes it makes sense, like when I wore my dark orange tshirt to Target. ... I mean it's almost red.

Or when you're a woman who's not carrying a purse. Mom says that's why I was getting asked in some of the stores.
                        Last edited by PepperElf; 05-31-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I usually get people asking me for help if I'm in a store with my work shirt on. That the shirt has nothing to do with the place I'm in is a moot point to people. :eyeroll:
                          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

My manager talked to me today about it. All he did was laugh and say not to do it again.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              At least in this case you don't have to be nice about it. I mean, what are they going to do? Complain to a manager and get you fired? Oh wait, that has happened...
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X