This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    No no no... you were just checking to make sure your name tag hadn't fallen off.

Yep. Sometimes it makes sense, like when I wore my dark orange tshirt to Target. ... I mean it's almost red.

Or when you're a woman who's not carrying a purse. Mom says that's why I was getting asked in some of the stores.
    OHH that must be why my sister always gets mistaken for some sort of employee! She's 17 now, but it's been happening since she was 14 or 15. She is very butch and shaves her head and wears men's shirts, so you can imagine she never EVER carries a purse!

Comment

I mean, it's not the appropriate response, but it's only the wrong one because people like this hate it when other people see their stupidity.

I get the people assuming I work places b/c I always wear button down shirts and chinos. It just means that I wear my headphones constantly unless I'm interacting with some one now.

Comment

I always have to check when a customer asks me that.... I shop at my store A LOT so sometimes people will sorta recognize me when I am in plane clothes and ask "Do you work here?"...I just always do a quick check now to make sure....lol
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

I flipped out on someone who asked me that while I was on vacation. I was at a Big Bullseye store, not more than two states away from the Rank Aid I was working at and I wasn't even wearing the Bullseye colors.

Secretly, I believe karma is now kicking me in the nuts over it, because I can't seem to get an interview at the same company, even though it's in another location. Odd.

Comment

Back in my university days, the uniform for one of the bookstores was a vest with the message on the back Yes, I work here.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

If I was a manager, I don't think I'd even bother dignifying such a complaint about an employee with much of a response. Probably the most they'd get out of me would be a blank stare and me saying, "Okay....."
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
              X