X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
    There's a 4:30 IN THE MORNING?!?
    We do not speak of the time before the dayball awakens. If the dayball is still in bed, it's too fucking early!

Comment

Night person here myself, I fear the daystar...

Of course, there are also times when I wish that breakfast was available at 10 PM...

I'm just weird like that though.
      Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

I prefer George Webb's, myself. Breakfast served 24/7, even if the man of the household doesn't understand WHY I'd have scrambled eggs and hashbrowns for supper.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Yes, yes there is and let me assure you it is a dark, bitter time full of suffering and despair when only the stupid still walk the earth like a seething plague of ignorance. Only a handful of brave fools such as myself and psycho are still about.
          hehe. Last time I got up at 4:30 in the morning (on purpose, anyway) I was catching a plane to Key West...(*sings*leaving...on a jet plane... )
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Alternatively, in Key West it is the time just after the last bars close (4 am) and sometimes the start of some other party or some other fun that is in itself very entertaining.

Yes, I have had much fun at 430 in the morning. Some if it could even be printed here!

Moe from the Simpsons: "There's a 5 am? WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!?"
            I guess all the difference is in whether you are getting up at 4:30 am or you are still up at 4:30 am. I am not a morning person either. I switched my hours an hour later cuz I couldn't handle getting up at 5:30 anymore...

I prefer George Webb's, myself. Breakfast served 24/7, even if the man of the household doesn't understand WHY I'd have scrambled eggs and hashbrowns for supper.
            Ain't nothin' wrong with scrambled eggs for dinner...sometimes we even have pancakes at my house! yum...

(sorry for double posting-I should really read the whole thread before I reply )
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-08-2007, 06:26 PM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
              There's a 4:30 IN THE MORNING?!?
              Yes, Virginia, there is a 4:30 in the morning. Especially on Wednesday, when I'm on my way out the door to be at work by 5 a.m.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
                Night person here myself, I fear the daystar...
                Same here. I'm also not much of a breakfast person. I went to a concert with some friends awhile back, and on the way home we stopped at a 24-hour Burger King that was at one of those service plazas along the turnpike. Unfortunately, it was just after 2:00, and they had switched over to breakfast. But we didn't raise holy hell about it, we just went somewhere else. We ended up at a 24-hour diner near my house, that serves breakfast and non-breakfast food at any hour.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My question would be, why didn't they open the bag and, oh I dunno, LOOK AT THE FOOD? I always check that all my food is there when I go drive-thru. Not that I don't have confidence in the staff, but it's just common freakin sense.
                  Last edited by MadMike; 02-08-2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                  I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                  "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

For a boss to threaten to make you pay is borderline illegal.

If he regards what you did as your mistake, he can fire you.

But he can't take it out of your pay. Don't think that because he didn't make you pay, he's somehow a nice boss.

He's a jerk and if he ever carries through on his threats, report him to your state's department of labor. It's flagrantly illegal to dock pay for the cost of workplace mistakes.

There's a national 1-800 hotline you can call that will steer you to the right agency in your state for these kinds of problems.

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                      My question would be, why didn't they open the bag and, oh I dunno, LOOK AT THE FOOD? I always check that all my food is there when I go drive-thru. Not that I don't have confidence in the staff, but it's just common freakin sense.
                      And beyond that, I'm sure the breakfast and the dinner combos have different prices, you'd think that might clue them in, too.

Comment

Sonic serves all their food all day long. Hearts Sonic.

Making plans for cheese coney for supper...
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

My alarm starts going off at 2... that's 2 AM. I actually make it out of bed around 230 (love that snooze feature) Out the door about an hour later, arrive at work at 340/345. Sit in lot waiting for manager anywhere from a couple of minutes to 10 minutes, but usually am clocking in at 350.

What shift is this, this 4ish in the morning to 1ish in the afternoon shift? Too early for first shift, heck we FEED first shift. Third shift is still working... we will feed them too, just a little later.

0.5 shift?

1/2 shift?

Too-damn-early shift is what it is.

And yet... my day is 1/3 over by the time the boss rolls in. The first hour or two I work completely independently (sucks when we do get busy, but otherwise it's great) I get both the breakfast and lunch rush, which I like because it makes the day go faster. And to go with that, I get to actually leave at 1, just when the boring as hell part of the day begins. And, did I mention? I get out at 1 pm! The world is my oyster! Ok, so I go to sleep ridiculously early, and have to record all the good tv (like LOST) but such is life.
                          ISSP

Comment

When I go through McD's on my way into work I ALWAYS ask what they're serving, breakfast or the regular menu, just to be sure, even if I was there last week at the exact same time. (This is necessary because I usually work around 11, so it's the time when the menu switches from breakfast to lunch.)
                            Oh, that's good when it's close to changeover... just please don't ask when it's obviously *not*. When I work overnights, I get mostly the same people through all the time asking which we're serving. But the ones who come at a time when the question makes *sense* don't ask; it's the ones two hours before or after. I had someone the other day at 10:40 PM trying to order breakfast.

No, they shouldn't even threaten to make you pay.

I always, when it's remotely close to changeover, read back orders. And regardless of the time, I do not read them back as number whatevers, but the actual items. If I had my way, the numbers would be abolished; they serve no purpose anyway and only confuse things since we now have more than one meal with the same number. (Chicken Selects meal is #9, for instance, whether it's 3, 5, or 10 pieces. Ranch BLT is #6 whether it's fried or grilled, etc)

From what I hear, those of you who want the wrong thing all day will be very happy later this year. I'm hatin' it...
                            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X