This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'm a tornado victim!

I work at Johnny Jim's sandwich shop, my town was wrecked by a tornado a month ago.. So places were offering to feed tornado victims for free, and for a few days after the storm, we gave out free sandwiches (Mainly because the power was out and we would rather have the food eaten than have it just spoil).

This woman comes in and orders a bunch of sandwiches, she balks at the total and says

SC: But I'm a tornado victim!

Ok, I have no way of knowing that nor do I know if you are telling the truth.

Me: Sorry, we don't offer any assistance to tornado victims, there are several programs that can give you food and everything you need.

SC: I'm already in those

Well then you should have access to food

SC: So am I going to get those for free?

Me: No, sorry

SC: But I'm a tornado victim!

Yes, you've mentioned that already.. I've been here for 12 hours slinging sandwiches, I am in no mood for crap.

Me: Here are your options.. You can pay fro the sandwiches, or you leave without them.

SC: Fine! You've just lost my business!

At Johnny Jim's our policy on that is "If you don't like our food or prices, fuck you! Go eat somewhere else!"
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

That's a good policy actually. And your food prices rock because the food there kicks ass!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I like that policy, personally. If you don't like the price, then don't buy the service or merchandise. If you're not there to make a purchase, then you probably have no business being there. That's how I feel about doing business.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Ditto on the liking the Johnny Jim's policy.

As for the SC...

What's that? You're trying to use recent misfortunes (yours or someone else's is irrelevant) to get free stuff and being an ass about it?

To quote Jester (who was quoting someone else): Die screaming, motherfucker!
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm a bull$#!t victim. You wanna help me? Pay up or shut up
          Answers: $1
          Correct Answers: $2
          Answers that require thought: $5
          Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

You're a tornado victim? Guess what, so were a lot of people. Including my aunt and uncle who were in Joplin, MO when that big one hit. Including my cousins who lost their farm house, barn and corn driers 3 years ago.

If you need help, fine. Don't effing abuse the system to get free crap.
            "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

This reminded me of the people cashing-in on the federal relief debit cards to buy name brand purses and designer clothing...
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Hope that all is well with you and your family in the aftermath of the tornado.

If she wanted them for free, threatening to take her scam $0.00 in business elsewhere isn't much of a threat. I hope that bunch of sandwiches didn't go to waste, but I'm sure that she waited until you made them before asking for them for free.

Comment

We live near Ringgold, GA where that big one hit. The city we live in got hit too but not as bad as they did. We could not even drive through there to get to another nearby town because the damage was so bad My husband works as a manager at a restaurant and said he had legitimate people coming in to ask for donations for the workers helping clean up the area with ID badges and things, and then there were people that you could tell they just came in off the street and wanted 20 pizzas for "cleanup crews". He could tell right away which ones were scammers and sent them on their way and made sure to alert all the employees to get ID or paperwork before donating. It is sad how people will abuse the goodwill of others when something bad happens.

Comment

Ah, Johnny Jim's! My favorite sandwich shop. And yes, they display several signs with that policy in the store
                    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I like that policy! Man, I can't believe that EW wanted to use the victim card for freebies when she already has assistance to get some free food!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                        Ah, Johnny Jim's! My favorite sandwich shop. And yes, they display several signs with that policy in the store
                        You mean signs that SC's will blatantly ignore?
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I love Jimmy Johns sandwiches. Yum!
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
                            My husband works as a manager at a restaurant and said he had legitimate people coming in to ask for donations for the workers helping clean up the area with ID badges and things, and then there were people that you could tell they just came in off the street and wanted 20 pizzas for "cleanup crews".
                            Group 1: Dirty, exhausted, picking splinters out of their hands, asking politely if you would mind providing water and perhaps some basic cheese pizzas.

Group 2: Clean, not particular sweaty or showing signs of hard work, demanding soda and specific food....
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                            X