This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just happened

SC: Yeah, I was on your website yesterday and I noticed that there was a three day discount. Now today its gone. I was wondering if you could give me the discount.

Me: Well, it depends on how busy we are. Likely the policy just changed this morning because it changes depending on whats going on and our availability. What dates were you looking at coming in?

SC: Oct 27 - November 2.

Now, as an aside, this time period is both Halloween and Voodoo Fest in NOLA. There is NO WAY there will be discounts for at least three of those days. And ladies and gents, that would be Oct 28, 29, and 30 (oddly not the 31st but I'm sure that will change as we get closer).

Me: I'm sorry, that must have changed this morning. I see that we have discounts available for the 27th and for the 1st, but not for the other days due to the special event.

SC: Ok, I just wanted to check if you'd honor the three days even though only those two days are available for discount.

Me: No, its because its a special event. There are no discounts available for those dates.

SC: Oh, ok *hangs up*

I seriously almost said, "Since when does two equal three. Its called basic math. You can add and subtract can't you??", but I was good and kept my mouth shut.

Wth?

Quoth Moirae View Post

I seriously almost said, "Since when does two equal three. Its called basic math. You can add and subtract can't you??", but I was good and kept my mouth shut.

Wth?
    Sadly, after the amount of times I've seen both customers, and sadly some servers, fail at math, I fear schools may not be pursuing math excellence as they did when I was but a child.

Comment

Or it could just have been someone who saw the ad, thought, "Well, the worst they can say is no, so it's worth a shot to try and save some money."

Customer didn't get pissy or use foul language. Sounds like he was just trying to score a deal, and failed.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Eh, it was more that, if it was displayed yesterday but not today, then obviously the sale is over. It the same thing as a coupon being able to be used yesterday but not today. Or seeing a notice in the news that an author would be signing books one day, but wouldn't the next, and yet still expecting that the author would be there. Its one of those things that should have been obvious.

Comment

Working...
        X