This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost made me cry this time.

Had a group of customers come in the other night. Right off the bad they were annoying; loud, obnoxious, throwing cuss words left and right. All of them had questions about the phones, or the plans, or their account, and they all had to ask their questions at the same time, with me desperately trying to remember the order they asked them in.

So, annoying, but not too bad, until one of them decided he really liked our price on a certain phone, so he took out his cellphone to call his carrier. Apparently he had gotten a new phone two months ago, but he was told it had to be returned to that specific store and he's not been back there since. So he wanted the carrier to let him get the phone from us at the contract price.

While he was waiting on hold he started getting angrier, and started banging on the counters or making violent punching motions. When he finally got ahold of them, he was talking down to them a lot (quieted on the cussing some when talking to them, though) and at one point mentioned to me that he knew if he "bitched at them" enough they'd do what he wanted. They didn't.

By this time I'm just trying to stay quiet and hoping he leaves, but he wanted me to run his credit with a different carrier to see what the deposit is. I ask if he has a home phone number and he rattled something off. It was way too fast so I had to ask him to repeat it. when he did I noticed it was short, so I asked him about it, He was giving me his social. When he did give me his number he still rattled it off too fast so I had to ask him to repeat it again. By this time he's cussing under his breath about me, one thing I heard him say clearly was "Any wonder I never shop at wal-mart".

The credit check didn't go through (prob was too bad, I had done one for a different carrier before his call to sprint and the deposit was $400 for one line, highest I'd seen, and the last carrier tends to be higher) So he leaves, Thank god. If I ever see him again I'm just going to head straight to the back and get a manager. I heard from a new electronics coworker that he had been in the night before after the Connection Center was closed and was getting really angry with them for not being able to run his credit for him or tell him anything about the phones.

On the plus side. As I was putting away everything from him and sorta tearing up a little, another customer came up and wanted information on unlimited data plans. He told me several times things like I was helping him so much, or I knew so much about the phones. So I like to think he noticed and was trying to make me feel better.
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

The guy sounds like a hot head- I wouldn't worry too much about him. If his logic of "if I bitch hard enough, they'll cave" is normal, then I bet you're in good company.

I feel bad for his kids.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

The guys sounds like he was raised with the philosophy that rules are for other people and not special little snowflakes like him.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
      X