This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She didn't believe me!

When I used to work at Coles, I was on the register, when this really huffy customer came up to me. This was the convo:

SC: Can I get some assistance?
    Me: Yes, what is it?
    SC: Can you tell me where the stock powder is?
    Me: (without hesitation) Aisle 1.
    SC: Are you telling me that you keep the stock powder in a different aisle from all the spices (spices were in aisle 5)
    Me: Well, I don't stock the shelves, but yeah
    SC: It's in aisle 5, I just can't find it

Later on, when I was on my way back from my tea break, I passed the stock powder. In aisle 1.
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Sucky Customer Rule Number 228: "If it's not where *I* think it should be, it's in the WRONG place."
    Corrollary(sp?): If it's not there, looking for it often enough will automagically make it appear.
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Just to clarify, is stock powder like boullion?? Used to make broth?
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
        SC: It's in aisle 5, I just can't find it
        Things we wish we could say:

No ma'am it's not in aisle 5, it's in aisle 1. If you wish to continue looking in aisle 5 be my guest. I'll just call over the rest of the sales associates to watch and we'll have a jolly laugh at your expense. You came to me and asked where it was. I told you...It's your call.

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth moekosowl
          automagically
          great word!

Quoth Banrion
          Just to clarify, is stock powder like boullion?? Used to make broth?
          I just googled "stock powder" (cuz I was wondering too) and yes, it appears to be...

-ams-
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I just googled "stock powder" (cuz I was wondering too) and yes, it appears to be...

-ams-
            If so, then I'll use my amazing mind powers and guess that aisle 1 has canned soup?

Comment

LMAO stock powder is not now, nor has it ever been, a spice Gotta love the pre-Copernian attitude on that woman. My dad once got really frustrated because, while we could find dry wasabi next to the sushi counter at the grocery store, he couldn't find any paste. I tried explaining to him that they didn't sell the paste, and so did two of the store associates, but he swore up and down that he'd bought wasabi paste there before. (I bought some of the dry and we made our own damn wasabi paste, so there). He recounts this to my mom after we got home, and she says, "No, dear, you've never bought wasabi there before. We buy it at the Asian Grocery down the hill."

By the way? Dad's words as we left the store? "We're never coming to THIS store again!" *sigh*
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Heh. We have several people now and again who think we're complete idiots. Go fill elsewhere, then.
                Our system is set up so that when we put in for a fill on an expired script, it immediately creates a new prescription number for it and faxes/emails the doctor for more. One woman didn't believe me when I told her that, and furthermore we had sent an additional one a few days later, since her doctor's office said they had not received them, and yet we didn't receive a fax failed printout.

Ah well. I've come to despise faxes for the very reason that they're slow and unreliable.

Then there's the lady on a public aid plan that is no longer contracted with my chain, and she won't believe me about that one, and she continues to come and try to get meds without doing any of the things I've suggested for her to do to get the issue fixed. That's real genius right there.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  I tried explaining to him that they didn't sell the paste, and so did two of the store associates, but he swore up and down that he'd bought wasabi paste there before.
                  Stuff like this happens CONSTANTLY.

Just YESTERDAY, at the New Bar, a lady places a take out order, and asks for a side of rice and peas. The hostess tells her (correctly) that we don't have rice and peas. (Just to be on the safe side, the hostess HAD checked with the head chef, who confirmed this.) The lady refused to believe this, and raised a Holy Stink, saying she (sing it with me kids) "gets it here all the time." The New Bar has been open just about a year, and in all that time, they have never had rice and peas on their menu or in their kitchen, period. But SHE "gets it here all the time." And no matter how many times we told her we don't have it, we have never had it, she refused to believe it, and was just angrier than angry at both the hostess and the manager who explained all this to her.

It's one thing to think someone who works at a place knows less about the menu than you do. After all, that person could be new. But when the head chef and the GM of the establishment tell you in no uncertain terms that that establishment has NEVER carried the item in question, you just might want to believe them. They may just know what they're talking about.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Never mind "she didn't believe me". She was testing the waters and letting you know she knew more about your job than you do. Typical SC!

Comment

Quoth Jester
                      But SHE "gets it here all the time."
                      Even if this was true, could it not be that the place has * * RUN OUT of something??!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BookstoreEscapee: I like that word so much, I stole it from either this website or another one for Tech Support employees. (link available by PM on request as I do not wish to spam the thread)
                        http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Even if this was true, could it not be that the place has * * RUN OUT of something??!
                          If it makes sense, it's not allowed, you know.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X