This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analhurt. (language)

No, not that kind of analhurt you perverts.

This is an act in 2 rounds.

Round 1

Guy bought a fan yesterday and threw out his receipt. Aid of Rite policy is to give back the lowest sale pri e of the past 30 days. His fan was on sale last week for 30 dollars even though yesterday he paid 40. So Manager J tells guy this. guy is PISSED.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU OWE ME $10 YOU FUCKING IDIOT!"

"No I don't, it's policy. The lowest sale price of the past 30 days without a receipt."

"I bought it from this girl yesterday! It has to be in your fucking records!"

"Let me go see if I have the record of that, it'll be a minute."

Without the receipt, we still can't authorize the return because from what I understand, we need the transaction number on it, which isn't kept in the store's system. I am not a manager so I don't know. In any case, we can't give Guy his $10 back.

He explodes. Cussing, swearing, fucking this, cunting that, asshole and how dare you all over the place and threats of calling corporate. He grabs his $30 gift card and stomps out the door.

Round 2

So Guy comes back in 2 hours later and buys beer and cigarettes with his gift card, which is a no-no but Manager J says to do it anyway to avoid another shitstorm. When I finish ringing him out, I say the total left on his card, which I do for everyone else. It's about .50 cents.

Cue another explosion. He was expecting to get the extra $10 back

Guy cunts this, damns that, bitches here, fucks there and calls the police department to tell them we are a bunch of thieves. Manager J goes to the office to call the police himself and tells them that he has every last threat on store videotape.

Something tells me I'm going to hear more about this tomorrow, so stay tuned.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Wow

Can't wait to see it.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow. There's a guy who needs anger management. Or a brain transplant.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd be pissed off too if I bought a fan for $40 and the next day be told I could only return it and get back $30. I wouldn't have started with the swearing unless I got a dick employee/manager. It's a stupid policy. He should have gotten it back for the current price without receipt instead of the lowest price from the past 30 days.
        Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
          I'd be pissed off too if I bought a fan for $40 and the next day be told I could only return it and get back $30. I wouldn't have started with the swearing unless I got a dick employee/manager. It's a stupid policy. He should have gotten it back for the current price without receipt instead of the lowest price from the past 30 days.
          I hate to disagree with you on this one, but that way lies bankruptcy. Just think, the kinds of sucky people written about here... buy something on sale, wait til the price is back to regular and returning said item for more than they paid for it. That's possibly exactly why their return policy is what it is.

ETA: That policy only applies if, like the SC written about, you do NOT have your reciept. If he'd had his reciept, then yea, I can see your point. But he didn't.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yeah, I'd be a bit upset as well... but he crossed the further line when he got pissed again when he spent an extra 30 (thirty!) of the company's money-- netting him 20-- policy regardless!
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm going to have to disagree as well. He had no receipt:

Guy bought a fan yesterday and threw out his receipt.
              There was no way to prove he'd ever bought the fan there. He could have gotten it elsewhere and wandered back in hoping to scam. This is why Target has such a policy (no offense to anyone who works there), because people like this guy abuse the system. It's the honest people who end up having to deal with the policies.

And technically, he didn't buy it, someone else did:

For all the store knows, he stole it from the girl. We don't know the whole store, but for someone who's butt-hurting over 10 dollars, I think there's a lot more to the story than just being denied his money.
              Last edited by fma_fanatic; 06-06-2011, 02:15 AM.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                For all the store knows, he stole it from the girl.
                I believe "this girl" refers to ralerin, who he claims was the clerk that sold him the fan.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'd be pissed off too if I bought a fan for $40 and the next day be told I could only return it and get back $30.
                  Well then, bring your receipt or don't expect a refund!

There is nothing in the law that says a store has to take back anything, but a store can clearly set a policy requiring a receipt for any return or refund, and that the lowest price in the last 30 days will be in effect if the consumer does not have a receipt.

Anybody can steal an item and then come back claiming to have tossed out the receipt.

It's one thing if a clerk does remember the customer buying the item the previous day, but if nobody recalls it, a store is not obligated to spend time checking previous day's receipts.

Anyway, this thread is not meant to debate store return policies and whether or not this store was right in how they handled the situation.

The customer was obviously in violation of the store's return policy or he would have gotten his full refund, and he behaved very badly as a result.

That is the point of this thread, so let's stop with the "fratching".
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

And for this "stupid" policy, you can blame the people who gamed the system to get back more for an item than they paid for it.

The swamp has pretty much the same policy. So do many other retailers. If there weren't so many dishonest people in the world, maybe policies like that wouldn't be necessary.

Not only that, but the guy threw out his receipt. So that invalidates his entire complaint from the get go.

ETA: the above policy applies to no-receipt returns, and you have to pay by a method where the receipt can be looked up--check, debit or credit. If you paid cash you're probably SOL. If you have your receipt, you get back what you paid for the item.
                    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 06-06-2011, 06:07 PM.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There are places that won't even accept returns without a receipt, so I'm not overly sympathetic to the guy. Then the fact that it sounds like he didn't even attempt to talk about it or be reasonable about it. Makes me glad I don't work full-on retail.
                      "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

no sympathy here, either; keep the receipt for at least a week or longer.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                        X