This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of all that is holy....just stop

Last summer, there was this woman who kept calling me for information about our services. Actually, she wasn't calling...her kid was. The woman doesn't speak a lick of English, so her kid calls and translates. Anyway, the kid would call about 10 minutes before I was free to sprint out the door and head home...so the calls were always a joy.

I don't remember any stand out SC experience during this....they all kinda lump together. Bascially, the kid would call, ask what services we have available, and then try to haggle the price. It got old quick. Especially when I tried to get them to sign up for a much cheaper package...since the one that they liked was too much. But they had to have their BET.

Anyway, we finally get them set on a package and signed up for service. Tech goes out, sets them up...everything is hunkdory, right?

Wrong. Every month (right before bills are due), the kid will call in with some excuse as to why they can't pay on time. They have lost (or the mailman never delivered) the statement and need a new one sent (mind you, this is usually the day before bills are due). One time the kid said that there was no return envelope, and that we needed to send them another to send a payment. Since I have dealt with this family the most, I am pretty aware of whatever trick they are trying to pull, and I really don't let them get away with anything. When they wanted the envelope mailed, I firmly informed them that we can't send them one, but that any envelope at home would work. When they request a second statement to be sent, I let them know that they are going to get a late fee, because their payment will be late.

Anyway, one day...about 5 minutes to close...the kid calls to find out what they owe. During the course of the conversation, they decide that since they aren't watching tv that much, they would like to cancel. Ok, no big deal. I go and set up the disco date and start to credit their acct for the service that they won't be using that month. Right as I click SAVE...making the credit an actual credit that is now applied to their acct...they change their friking fraking mind. Arg! So I take off the disco date, and correct their acct so that they are paying for the full month. Somewhere in there I must have let them know how much they owed after the credit was applied...but I don't really remember.

A few days later, we get their check in for the amt that was due after the credit (for the sake of the story, lets say it was for $17.71)Ok...whatever. Its applied to the acct and they still have some letf to pay. No biggy...its par for the course with them.

Later, the kid calls and asks if we received their payment for $26. I check the acct, and say that we didn't, and that the last payment was the check for $17.71. The kid starts to argue with me, telling me that they never sent in that check and that maybe it was from some other acct. I tell the kid that they are the only acct with that name, and that it was correctly applied. I read off the check number, and the kid tells me that mom doesn't have a checkbook (it was a personal check that was put towards the acct), and that they always send in money orders. So I sit and argue with a kid over whether or not a payment that was applied to THEIR account was actually theirs.

Then the kid moves on to why would they send in a check for that amount. So I remind them of our last talk, when they had cancelled but then changed their mind, and the credit that was issued but then reversed. Luckily I keep detailed notes in their acct. Anyway, so we argue back and forth on this for a while. Then the kid asks to speak with my supervisor.

Ok, the kid called at 4:56pm. We close at 5. This conversation had already taken a good 5-10 minutes. I decide that there is no way that I am going to stick this child on my sup...who happened to be standing at my desk this entire time, waiting for me so that we could all leave together. I ended up just sending the brat to VM.

When a small child is a SC...thats sad. But when a parent is forcing their child to become one...it makes me want to cry.

Honest to god, I never want to work at another job that *doesn't* allow keeping detailed records of conversations and transactions again. Chrono sheets are my very best friend!

I've been accused of "writing books" by my teasing coworkers before, but hey, at least every time one of my patients tries to stir some shit up with me I have everything I've ever told them written down so I can remind them of what *actually* happened. Makes it harder for them to argue otherwise.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
      Honest to god, I never want to work at another job that *doesn't* allow keeping detailed records of conversations and transactions again. Chrono sheets are my very best friend!

I've been accused of "writing books" by my teasing coworkers before, but hey, at least every time one of my patients tries to stir some shit up with me I have everything I've ever told them written down so I can remind them of what *actually* happened. Makes it harder for them to argue otherwise.
      In my line of work, this doesn't matter. You could write volumes - VOLUMES - on someone's account. Giving every sorid detail...but it wouldn't matter. If they happen to call back, and they usually do, they will get someone who won't read any of the notes you have written and give the SC what they want. It's annoying as hell. In training, we are taught to read all of the notes in any previous call that has taken place for that day - even if a service call wasn't put through, a "killed" call will be there and we are supposed to document in the call why it was killed. But some "customer advocates" (as they so cleverly call the call takers) will just buzz by those killed calls because - well, who knows why they don't look at them - it's one of my biggest freakin' pet peeves here.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        In my line of work, this doesn't matter. You could write volumes - VOLUMES - on someone's account. Giving every sorid detail...but it wouldn't matter. If they happen to call back, and they usually do, they will get someone who won't read any of the notes you have written and give the SC what they want. It's annoying as hell. In training, we are taught to read all of the notes in any previous call that has taken place for that day - even if a service call wasn't put through, a "killed" call will be there and we are supposed to document in the call why it was killed. But some "customer advocates" (as they so cleverly call the call takers) will just buzz by those killed calls because - well, who knows why they don't look at them - it's one of my biggest freakin' pet peeves here.
        When someone calls and they start complaining or yelling, I always polietly ask if I can put them on hold so that I can review their acct. Then I read every single note in their acct, and come back knowing exactly what is going on and what has been said/promised. I like having knowledge and facts on my side.

Comment

Working...
        X