Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, by all means, If it means avoiding you, then get me fired....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a former English teacher, I give you an A+. Great comic writing.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth kebable View Post
      Question, how many of *you* actually RTFM before using a new product ??

I admit I usually don't read ANY manuals, unless the product is unfamiliar to me, has features I have not used before or unless there's a problem to solve.

Errr.. that's your lookout, but whenever I buy a (relatively) expensive piece of electronic equipment, I not only RTFM, but I call the company that manufactured it if I have any questions. Did it for my DVD player, did it for my microwave, did it for my digital camera, and I've done it countless times for my computer components. That's what the manual is *for*. It's not the salesperson's fault you don't want to read it.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I'll read enough of the manual to get started, play around a bit, and then refer to the manual if I run into a problem. I learn better by actually playing with the thing.... I got an iPod for Christmas, my dad helped me set it up on the computer, and I know how to put music on the thing. So far that's it but I know I could do more with it when I have the time and inclination to read all the how-tos that I downloaded.

I was around when BN first switched to the computer system that they use now, and they had us read all these manuals and then had 1 computer set up in the back and we were all scheduled to practice. Then whenever they upgrade it they send out the manual pages for it. I'd always read them and promptly forget until the changes went live, then I'd just play around with it when I had some downtime. I never really remember until I do it.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth kebable View Post
          Question, how many of *you* actually RTFM before using a new product ??
          I do, that way I can be sure I've put it together and hooked it up correctly. Especially if it has a really weird battery compartment, as many of my son's toys do.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
            Ditto!

The manual is your friend. In fact, I enjoy reading it. I buy a new game, get home, crack that sucker open, and read the manual.

Then, when I get on and start playing, I'm ready to own!

That and some of them come with fun, nifty backstory. WoW anyone?
            WoW ftw! Im still trying to read through the whole manual. I admit though for most things I actually do not read the manual...unless I feel I need to know every feature ASAP (which I probably would with a new camera) but if I can figure out which are the features I need now, I may just wait till I need other features to learn about them....providing I havent lost the manual by then lol.

Comment

I don't really get into the nitty-gritty parts of the manual, but I will look at the little set up page they provide, and usually do a quick skim of the general use stuff.
              If I run into a problem on a product or a game, then I'll go through the manual more thoroughly, and if that still isn't helping, then I hop onto Google.

Comment

You not good at job...well you not good at english!

Comment

Working...
                X