X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would I be Working Here then Ma'am?

short and sweet

A lady comes in asking about over the range microwaves and instalation. I look up the install info and show her. She then gives me a stare and says rather slowly *to be sure i understand*

SC:No I dont want to know about installing fee's, I have electrician friends to do that. i want to know exactly what is involved with prepping and installing the OTR microwave.....

Me: So you want to know how the electrician friends would go about installing your product?

SC: *slowly* yeeeeeesssss.......

Me: Sorry I really dont know.

Sc: so you mean to tell me you cant answere my question?

Me: Bingo.

She then made me photo copy some of the instructions for her as thats all i could do for her.

Cmon lady if i knew how to install stuff like this, I would be an electrician. If I was an electrician would i be selling you microwaves at a department store?
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

"Oh, no. I don't need you to install my anti-virus/spyware on my brand new Vista computer. I have a friend/son/nephew that's good with computers. I'll get him to do it."

Okay, lady. Come back and see us when he screws it up because your anti-virus software went out of date five years ago and isn't compatible with Vista. There's a reason we're the highest paid employees (aside from managers) in the store.
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
      SC:No I dont want to know about installing fee's, I have electrician friends to do that. i want to know exactly what is involved with prepping and installing the OTR microwave.....

Me: So you want to know how the electrician friends would go about installing your product?

SC: *slowly* yeeeeeesssss.......
      Shouldn't these "electrician" friends already know how to do this? You don't save money if you have to pay an expert to fix it when your friend messes things up, lady!

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
        "Oh, no. I don't need you to install my anti-virus/spyware on my brand new Vista computer. I have a friend/son/nephew that's good with computers. I'll get him to do it."

Okay, lady. Come back and see us when he screws it up because your anti-virus software went out of date five years ago and isn't compatible with Vista. There's a reason we're the highest paid employees (aside from managers) in the store.
        THANK YOU!
        (OT: do you get a bunch of people saying 'Vista's gonna suck', despite never using it? I got a free copy by being a beta tester back in November, and I haven't had ANY problems)
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
          (OT: do you get a bunch of people saying 'Vista's gonna suck', despite never using it? I got a free copy by being a beta tester back in November, and I haven't had ANY problems)
          Also OT: Vista's out, so, shouldn't it be "Vista Sucks!" ?
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

THANK YOU!
            I don't. But I have gotten a lot of people yelling at poor little me because their software and printer don't talk to Vista. As if it's my fault that this is happening. Most people eventually calm down when I explain that it happens with every new release, the software vendors are aware of the problem and can usually walk them through getting the updates they need if they call the manufacturer/vendor if they call them and ask really nicely. And if they don't want to bother, we'll take care of it as best we can.

The PS3/Wii launch was a whole other matter. I had people try to argue me down when they said the PS3 was going to be so much better than the Wii. I write for a video game website, so I keep on top of all the news and knew that the opposite was true. Three months later, we can't even give away our PS3s, but we can't keep our Wiis and DS's in stock. They literally go straight from the truck and out the front door because they sell so fast.
            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

THANK YOU!
              I have heard that it doesn't support SLI setups yet, but that really only affects gamers with high-end rigs, and maybe some graphic design computers.

...and me since that's part of the rig I'm going to buy with the money I'm getting back from my taxes this year.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Alright, back on topic

Does over-the-range really need customized wiring? We just have an outlet above our microwave, in the cupboard. Drilled a hole through, fed the power cable, plugged it in.

Then again, my dad IS an electrician, and built the entire kitchen himself
                Last edited by ahanix1989; 02-12-2007, 04:14 PM.
                I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Working...
                X