This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    But Patch, that's pretty much a standard weekly thing. GK posts his weekly post, and at some point, I post my commentary on it.

Did I miss something? Is this new?
    Ah, you're right. This one must have been extra spiffy, so it seemed like it was all new and different!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      Amanda Huggenkiss? I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss!
      Isn't that Sheldon's line? (hook and sinker)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Of course you don't get paid for it, silly Jester.
        Well, crap. I quit, then.

And since when have you ever met a jester that wasn't silly?

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        But he meant "complimentary" in that your comments compliment his OP.
        I am pretty sure he meant complimentary, as in free, as in the crappy continental breakfast you get at some hotels.

Your definition not only would not fit the context of the comment, but it would be spelled differently: complementary rather than complimentary. Just saying.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Sure you did. You said that when one line rings, it usually means someone is dead. Sounded like you knew exactly what you were saying. How is that unintentional?
          I seriously didn't put two and two together when I posted that. >.>

Quoth Jay 2K Winger
          But he meant "complimentary" in that your comments compliment his OP.
          Actually, I did mean "complimentary" in that he'll never see a dime <cough>.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            I seriously didn't put two and two together when I posted that.
            Come on, dude, you're usually smarter than that. Maybe not a lot smarter, but still smarter.

Actually, I did mean "complimentary" in that he'll never see a dime <cough>.
            Ya cheap bastard! Typical damn Canadian.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Ya cheap bastard! Typical damn Canadian.
              He can't help it, Jester. He's from a part of the Maritimes where the most common form of currency is the potato. I expect he's still not used to a cash economy.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Your definition not only would not fit the context of the comment, but it would be spelled differently: complementary rather than complimentary. Just saying.
                You are correct. I DID misspell that. Good on ya for the correction, Jester.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl

He can't help it, Jester. He's from a part of the Maritimes where the most common form of currency is the potato. I expect he's still not used to a cash economy.
                  This has me giggling... On a crowded bus. Oh well. I'm always getting stares (loud music on my headphones, used to have pink bangs).
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                    And the biggest arguments are over whose potato is cuter.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

There's always a complimentary Jester commentary.
                      >_>
                      <_<

<whisper> It's part of the conspiracy. </whisper>

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Ya know, pal, a little explanation goes a long way.
                      He's actually explained the bit about people not allowed to order as other people due to it almost always being to get around bannage for non-payment. I imagine the shipping to and from the frozen tundra is a bitch (hell, he's mentioned some of the costs before being more than the orders), and no company is going to let themselves get burned more than once per person.

Well, no company that's going to stay in business for the long-term, anyway.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Gk's not usually one to be too worried about spelling, so this sort of thing could really go either way. *shrug*

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Gk's not usually one to be too worried about spelling, so this sort of thing could really go either way. *shrug*
                        Yes, werds r hard.

Actually I tend to think faster than I type. Then I finish a thought, I look back at the sentence and go "Wait, what?".

Comment

Actually I tend to think faster than I type. Then I finish a thought, I look back at the sentence and go "Wait, what?".
                          Been there, done that.

Usually I end up stopping mid-sentence, though... I've had my fingers decide to take some really amazing detours while I was in the middle of typing something out, too.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X