This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True Danger of Double Parking

So as I said in my intro- I was head bouncer at a bar for a couple of years before taking my current job as a phone jockey – this story is worth telling.----

As I walked up to the door of the bar to start my security shift I noticed the boss’ beautiful new pristine Mercedes convertible sports coupe double-parked behind and perpendicular to the cars in the bar’s lot. This was a common occurrence as my boss was usually in and out so frequently and our lot was always full- It meant customers trying to leave had to ask security to move this Mercedes just to go home, it was a great way of creating SCs out of normal, decent people and I hated it.
    I went inside and walked around to survey the crowd like any other night, I noticed a girl who looked nothing like anyone else there: she was a skinny little 5’6” 100 pound thing- very pretty, most of all she looked very young-like 16 or 17. So I approached her and apologetically asked to see her ID.

She protested but I wasn’t going to give up, the more someone hesitates the more suspicious I am anyway- so she finally pulled it out--- This was the worst ID borrowing trick I had ever SEEN! The ID was for a person who was 24 years old and looked it, 5 foot 10 (my height) and almost 200 pounds. When I asked the girl about it she said that- “not that it was any of my business” -but she had lied about her height at the DMV so she could get into American Idol and she lost all that weight to be a model and she was REALLY upset that I was wasting her time and embarrassing her!

So just because she was protesting I gave it another go- I put her ID in my pocket and had her sign her name three times so I could compare the new signatures with the one on the ID. She expressed to me exactly how stupid she thought this all was, but still signed the paper- What she wrote on that paper looked like “Nnnnnnnn” in cursive- not someone’s name. I held the ID and got a manager, the girl looked over at my other guard and said “I’m in deep Sh** now aren’t I?”

Our boss took her to the back and talked to her, decided to let her go (rather than have police cars out front). The girl confessed the ID was her cousin’s and I think I kept it. Anyway so here’s the fun part:
    The girl finally got in her car to leave- a really nice pearly white Lexus sedan with gold trim, I swear the license plate said something like “SUPAFLY”, anyway in her panic to flee she proceeded to floor it in reverse without looking - you guessed it-right smack into the passenger door of the boss’ new Mercedes convertible which of course was perfectly parked behind her car- CRUNCH! The worst part is the boss couldn’t do anything about it because the underage girl was illegally under the influence of OUR alcohol and the boss had just let her go! I think it just goes to show- no matter how rich you are, no matter if you “own the place”, double parking makes you a D*CK and you’ll get what you deserve!

Smileybouncer.......I now know what makes you smile. Bravo! I think they both got what they deserved, actually.
    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Two birds with one stone, as the saying goes
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Bet you she didn't know how to write in cursive.
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Bet Daddy's going to be POed about the damage his little girl did to his car! And Big Cousin's going to be equally POed about the ID! Stupid, stupid child!

Good catch, SB! And great story. I look forward to more (bouncers always have the most bizarre and interesting stories, comes with combining SCs with alcohol!)
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I love stories like these!!!!!!!!

Stupid people. Gotta love them.

Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              I love stories like these!!!!!!!!
              Me too... So satisfying! Gives a person hope that there might be a little justice in the world after all.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth SmileyBouncer View Post
                The worst part is the boss couldn’t do anything about it because the underage girl was illegally under the influence of OUR alcohol and the boss had just let her go!
                She was drunk? That's not cool.
                I would have insisted on calling the cops. She might have killed someone.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

but she had lied about her height at the DMV so she could get into American Idol and she lost all that weight to be a model and she was REALLY upset that I was wasting her time and embarrassing her!
                  Great story. I would've been expecting her to pull the old, "Do you know who I am!?" line on you.
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
                    Great story. I would've been expecting her to pull the old, "Do you know who I am!?" line on you.
                    And the answer should be...

<point at the ID> "If you're not the girl on this ID, then you must be the girl I threw out of this bar tonight. GIT!"
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      She was drunk? That's not cool.
                      I would have insisted on calling the cops. She might have killed someone.
                      Nah she wasnt drunk, I would never have let her get in her car if she was. A minor is considered "Under the Influence" by California law if they have ANY concentration of alcohol in their blood. So because I knew she had one drink, she was legally under the influence and my boss would have been in some serious *and much deserved* trouble.

Comment

A minor is considered "Under the Influence" by California law if they have ANY concentration of alcohol in their blood.
                        Oh yeah....I'm told its the same here.
                        Its just a really hilarious story then.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                        X