This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Horror

Oy... How could I have forgotten this one?

Background:

I hate when people host parties at Mc'Donalds. Yes, we have a party room, but there is always so much mess afterwards. And if the party happens during the lunch rush, its all hands on deck with burger makers making cheeseburgers and dunking chips, chip maker is shoving them into boxes and also running out the back to collect more ice and the cashiers are on the edge of breakdown.

THANK GOD we haven't had many SC during those times!

End Background

So, a party finishes up, the parents are dragging their children out and the hosts bug out as well. The party room is empty and ready to be clean.
    Everyone, please welcome ICEY THE CLEANER!
    Icey: Hi folks, how you all doing?

Now, I've cleaned up after parties before. Sometimes there are some little kids toys or hats left behind that I mess around with while doing the job. Normally a parent or two stays behind and gives us a hand cleaning up. Today, no parents. So I grab my cleaning equipment to tackle the job.

I walk into the party room.
    Icey:
    :cue Psycho shower scene music:

The place was TRASHED.
    The floor was covered in cake, lollies, present wrappings, chips, drink. All of it stamped on which makes it hard to get off.
    The table had been scribbled on with crayons and was also covered in the above.
    And the walls... cake was smeared ALL OVER THE WALLS.

The parents did not look after their kids while the party was going. Most likely, they all sat outside or something smoking and talking while their children raced around high on sugar.

I blame the parents for all this. Not the children. Kids will be kids.

So, I go get help. My manager rolls her eyes at me, gets another worker to help us and comes with me.
    Manager: Come on... it can't be that...
    Workmate: Oh my god...
    Icey: Yep.

So the mass clean up begins. We noticed that the bin had remained untouched and empty.
    It took us a good half hour to clean up. And thats a lot of time in a fast food store.
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

If I were your manager, I would send the parents who booked the room a bill for the cleaning. Maybe then they might get the idea to control their children a little better.

Comment

I've never worked for the Golden Arches myself, but I don't think their party room rental agreements allow for adding a cleaning bill. They totally should of course.
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I blame the kids as well.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
          I don't think their party room rental agreements allow for adding a cleaning bill. They totally should of course.
          If only they did...

"Good afternoon, please see the enclosed bill, along with supporting photographs as evidence, for the additional cleanup required after your recent party. Per our written agreement, we must charge whenever the time and resources required to make the area usable for other customers goes above and beyond that which is normally required for such an event. The condition of the party room after your event required an additional two workers an extra 30 minutes each to properly clean and bring back up to our standards. Please note, in particular, the empty trash can surrounded by refuse, the cake on the walls, and the food thrown onto the floor, which was subsequently stepped upon. If you would like to have someone chaperoning the children during your next event, in order to hopefully avoid such a situation in the future, we have enclosed a price sheet; we recommend the "Drill Sergeant" or "SWAT team member" options, near the bottom, given the condition the room was in. Thank you very much for your patronage, and we hope to see you again in the future. "
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

at least it was cake on the walls :-O

Comment

At the very least I'd try to get them on a "no more parties for you" list, effective immediately and until the end of time.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

They were well aware that their kids made a mess so at the very least they should have helped clean up the place or made some kind of financial gesture as in the form of a tip. What do they think? That messes like that clean up by magic?

Comment

yeah but they'd try to scam their way out of it. probably by claiming the "cake was a lie"
                  There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

I hate it when people don't supervise their children, and the children make horrific messes. I totally sympathize with you, having to clean up that horror (do you have powerwash equipment, or did you just have to scrape everything up with squeegees? I've never worked at McDonalds.) You'd need heavy-duty degreaser and serious elbow-grease to clean up crayon marks and frosting dye.

My first job was at a pizza parlor/arcade, not quite as fancy as Chuck E Cheese, but still quite popular with families with small kids. Nasty messes with cheese and sauce everywhere were quite commonplace. I vividly remember one toddler smearing a slice of cheese pizza all over the window while his mother and her friend chatted and completely ignored him. Pizza grease is a bitch to clean off of a window, FYI.

And don't even get me started on the slobs who change their babies at the tables and leave the dirty diapers amongst the dishes...!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      They were well aware that their kids made a mess so at the very least they should have helped clean up the place or made some kind of financial gesture as in the form of a tip. What do they think? That messes like that clean up by magic?
                      Sadly, they don't care . . . their thinking is "that's what the employees are paid for."
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I am just disgusted. Not at all surprised, but disgusted.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm not surprised, either.

People should go back to the old fashioned house type parties if they can't behave like normal human beings and responsible parents at restaurants.

I would imagine they wouldn't let there be cake on the walls at their own homes.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth redleg View Post
                            yeah but they'd try to scam their way out of it. probably by claiming the "cake was a lie"
                            does that mean they can hook up neurotoxin to the rooms to help control unruly parties?

or post some sentries...?
                            No hard feelings!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              I would imagine they wouldn't let there be cake on the walls at their own homes.
                              Nope. only at OTHER people's houses...
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X