This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to my health & beauty customers...

Please, I beg of you, STOP taking the plastic safety tape off the lotion bottles and squirting the shit everywhere. Yes I know you want to sniff the scent or you just wanted to try out the lotion itself, but you are causing a major safety hazard when it lands on the floor!!! Not to mention that stuff is hard to clean up when it hardens on the shelves, thus making more work for me to clean up, and then I get spoken to about the mess by my awesome manager who is stressed out from us being slammed with a shitty audit making me want to cry because I love awesome manager!
    Please, please stop.

I swear, if I spot the sc doing this, well...I don't know what I will do, but I do know it won't be nice.

I know this may seem obvious, but....

isn't that what testers are for?
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

The product should be rung-up for them, since they opened it. If they don't want to pay, it should be destruction of merchandise and the police called. If you can catch them in the act, that is.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        Indeed....but drugstores seldom, if ever, have them. I get the impression (due to the safety tape comment) that people are using the full-sized retail packages for this purpose >_< ...Which technically contaminates them, making them unsellable.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I work at an odd-lot type store, we don't do testers, believe me I asked. I was told nope, no can do. They'd just rather the sc's open new bottles and ruin them leaving me to have to damage them out.

I wish I could catch them in the act!

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
            I know this may seem obvious, but....

Testers do not exist, at least not where big-box stores are concerned.

My store does not do testers, and consequently any time somebody opens a bottle of makeup or nail polish to see how it looks on their skin or nails, we have to defect it out if they don't buy it.

Actually, scratch that. My store's proprietary line of bath products, sprays and lotions does have testers, but they have a tendency to disappear.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We get people trying nail polish all the time. Some of the nail polish displays are covered in dabs of different colors.
              Don't get me started on the lady that come up to my register with marks on her hand from several different lip sticks... And only two of the one's she brought up were still sealed.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

The local Wal-Mart here has entire displays full of nail polish color swipes along the shelves, lipstick mustaches over Taylor Swift (well, she kind of has that coming) and Drew Barrymore, along with all kinds of other markings on the L'oreal and Maybelline products.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X