This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Enigma View Post
    I just hope she did turn in that call to the news because it won't turn out the way she thinks it will.
    No, it won't.

They'll toss it in the trash and forget about it in five seconds. IF it takes them that long.

I mean, think about what a TV news station deals with continually: Scandals. Wars. Elections. Traffic. Sports. Weather. Disasters. Catastrophes. Murders. Fires. Celebrities being idiots. Celebrities dying. Celebrities releasing a new movie/album/whatever. (WHY is so much news time devoted to this fluff?) Deaths. Crime. Gangs. Drugs. Pedophiles. Serial killers. Terrorism. Bombings. Diplomacy. Famines. Diseases. City Hall. Hostage situations.

Now consider that the typical newscast, minus commercials, is a whopping 22 minutes. And that INCLUDES weather and sports. What freakin' news station is going to bother spending any amount of time whatsoever on this crackpot? Trust me, they see plenty of complaints from crackpots daily. Her complaints aren't even all that original or compelling.

So, sure lady....send that tape into Channel 5. I am sure they will give it all the attention it deserves.

None.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
      BTW as far as I know in the US recording a conversation without warning the other party FIRST, is ILLEGAL and can carry jail time. (Unless you're a cop of course).
      This varies from state to state. In some places, only one person involved in the conversation has to know you are recording. As far as I know, there is no law on the national level regulating the recording of conversation, other than what would fall under the espianage laws.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Writer Cath View Post
        Man, Batman is <I>really</I> branching out from the whole crime fighting thing.
        He's even on the George Lopez show this week
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

SC: .... [Y]ou don't have enough technicians for your customers!?

ME: M'am we have over 13 million customers spread out over the US...
          This made me snort water out my nose! Good answer, especially if said calmly!!!

For some reason, SOME customers cannot figure out that while,yes, they are important to the company, they are NOT the only ONES we service (any industry)!
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
            For some reason, SOME customers cannot figure out that while,yes, they are important to the company, they are NOT the only ONES we service (any industry)!
            SCs believe the world revolves around them, and then alone. Makes me wonder what would happen if two or more of them got together in the same room at the same time.

THE WORLD WOULD COLLAPSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug
              This made me snort water out my nose! Good answer, especially if said calmly!!!
              At the time it was the only thing I could think to say. People are under the impression that we have to treat them like a star. People also tend to forget that when they call in they are talking to someone on the other line who is a human being just like them, who has a family and life just like them.

Grr.
              "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had a customer tell me that I *WILL* do something...
                You are lucky, very lucky. I used to work for Warranty and Exchange Dept for a major cellular provider and that was a common occurance. There used to be customers calling in telling me that I won't troubleshoot and that I will send out a phone, and they will receive it tomorrow at 6:00am sharp or they will sue me individually. Yeahhh.....riiiight!! And they didn't even have the phone with them. I wish I would have found this site when I worked there, the stories that I had, would have curled your hair.
                Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Hold on there! Where I work, we serve our customers. We most definitely do not service them.
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                    Hold on there! Where I work, we serve our customers. We most definitely do not service them.
                    You make customers sound like broken appliances. Could you imagine "servicing" a customer?

"Oh, your head is in your arse? Well, let's see here, I could try to pry it out for you. Just let me get my crowbar."
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Welcome on board Enigma. I hope she did try to sue. The lawyer would tell her that 1-she has no case and 2=-the tape recording is illegal. Yes. doing without cable satellite is sucky, but it's not life and death, some people need to learn that.

Comment

You gotta love people like that, especially when you tell them the date they want is booked, and customers all go under the impression that these techicians only fix broken TV dishes.

Working in phone repair, I've had the same issues. I've told countless customers that a technician will check and repair their issue by (insert date), and they'll go into a rage. "You mean to tell me that everyone else around me is also having phone problems and now you can't fix my phone until tomorrow?" And no matter if you tell them about other committments, including that the technicians do more than just fix problems, they still will not accept what you gave them.

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
                          As of currently, I work For DishNetwork customer service, as a general CSR. A couple of weeks ago I had a call in from a particulary irate woman, who was upset that not only was her tv not working, but by the fact that mean old me wanted her to wait a whopping three days for him to get there...

IW: I haven't had television all day, and I don't know what kind of business you think your running, but its a load of crap.
                          She has to wait 3 days?? OMG. I think her world is going to collapse. Some people are addicted to TV. It's like taking the bottle away from an alcoholic.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                            The second the customer starts taking it out on us, because we're there to try and resolve the issue and get it investigated, we have the permission to hang up on them without giving a warning or stating our justification for doing so.
                            Man, I am jealous. At my job, no matter what the customer says, threatens, whatever...we cannot hang up. If we do, it's grounds for instant termination.

Their have been CSRs here who have been verbally assaulted, called racial slurs, you name it. All we can do is say, "Sir/Ma'am, if I am unable to assist you, I will be more than happy to transfer you to a supervisor." *gag* Luckily, in the 3 months I've been here, I haven't had anyone get terribly nasty with me. No cussing at least.
                            --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                              BTW as far as I know in the US recording a conversation without warning the other party FIRST, is ILLEGAL and can carry jail time. (Unless you're a cop of course).
                              Nope, 38 states, the District of Columbia, and the Federal Government have "one-party consent" laws. So long as one member of the conversation knows of the recording and consents to the recording, it is 100% legal.

However, recording a conversation that you are NOT a part of, and nobody in the conversation knows about the recording, is highly illegal as it falls under laws covering wiretapping/hidden listening devices.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/
                              "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Working...
                              X