This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday sucks

Now, I'm just a lowly worker. We have 12 employees, no more than 2 working at a time (Except Friday nights)

It's a DEAD Sunday afternoon. In a 3-hour period, we have 8 customers. One man comes up,

"I' take some moh' wings"
    I'm sorry?
    "Some moh' wings"
    ...? Hot wings, honey wings, or regular wings?
    "Moh' wings"
    ........? (I point to the honey wings, with a quizzical look on my face) These?
    "Yeah"
    How many?
    "'bout nine'
    So, I get nine together. Mark it down.
    “Four dollas?”
    Yes
    “Shiiit, expensive”
    Sorry, I can’t help the prices
    His wife comes up, turns out they wanted regular wings – which are even MORE expensive. Took five minutes to convince them that I can’t control the prices of the wings.

---

“I’ll take the four piece chicken”
    “Would you like the bucket or the dinner?”
    “THE FOUR PIECE”
    “I understand you want four pieces of chicken. Do you want the four-piece chicken bucket, which is just chicken, or do you want the dinner, which comes with six wedges and a roll?”
    “THE FOUR PIECE”
    So, I make him the bucket
    “WHERE’S THE WEDGES AND ROLL?”
    Ugh.

---

Again, we have a stack of photocopied menus, in addition to the one taped to the counter. Someone will waste a good five minutes of my time reading over the entire menu, then pull one off the stack, set it RIGHT ON TOP of the taped one, and read THAT one too – it’s the same thing! Do they put it back? No. Do they tidy up that stack that they knocked askew? No.

---

Krista and I are towards the back, she’s cleaning the breader, I’m filtering the fryer. We can see the counter from where we’re standing (Layout of the store).

Suddenly, we hear a drunken “Why the hell are you guys ignoring me?”. Krista and I look at each other, wander up to the front, and the guy is standing on the other side of the case, practically holding himself up with it. He starts swearing about how he wants chicken. Ten “m***erf***ing”’s later, we determine he wants 5 regular wings. He continues to say “motherf*****” the entire time. Wanders away, comes back, says it twice for good measure, and finally leaves.

Ok, I’m done now. I just wanna head home and call Mor.
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

OK, you sound like you need a too

Do you ever get the urge to tell the wing people to take them and go fly off a bridge or something?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's a crappy day.
      Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
      "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
      "The queue is..."

Comment

oh, i forgot this one -- we keep extra 12-packs of sodas in front of the case. i dont know why parents have NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with their kids climbing on them. 1) the kid could EASILY fall off (and they have).
        2) That kid is sitting on a good $100 worth of soda. If they have a little 'accident'... you better like diet Mountain Dew.
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

I think it's something about Sundays. It seems to bring out all the really huge jerks. I seem to get more cranky, stupid, annoying, rude, nasty customers on Sundays than on any other day...and it hasn't mattered where I've worked.
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Same down here, all the idiots come out on Sundays.
            If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

thankfully, shops are closed here in norway on sundays, christian country, sunday is for resting
              Rawr

Comment

Sections of Bergen County are like that in Jersey...if it was worth the drive I'd work there... I hate hate hate hate Sundays!
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                X