This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused

I'm not sure exactly what I did to offend this woman...............

It was my turn to clean the bathrooms (oh joy!), so I dutifully set out to do just that. Thankfully I was on the last bit, where all I had to do was clean the sinks in the women's room and then mop that floor, when a woman and her little boy came in.

I said "Hi" and continued cleaning the sink on the right (this is important!) The sink on the left CLEARLY had not been cleaned yet, yes it was gross! Little boy goes in the stall, does his business, etc. As he comes out, Mom says "wash your hands". He goes to the sink on the left and washes. Gets paper towels and dries his hands. Then he is asking me questions about how the paper towel dispenser works (How do you turn this off? Me: you don't turn it off, it's for giving you the towels. Where do the towels go, down here? Me: yes in there, etc) As I'm answering him, I clean the sink he just used, stand back and say you have a nice evening to the Mom.

She grabs the boy by the arm and growls "Come on! She's SOOOO rude!"

Now seriously, was I rude? Was it in my answering his questions? Or (as I suspect) by cleaning the sink her precious little one had just used?

ETA: Title was supposed to be "I'm confused", sorry

Comment

I'd be confunde myself.. I don't see how you were rude.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

I don't even talk to the customers when I clean the bathroom. I'm closer to rude than you. Weird.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She might have thought you were cleaning the sing BECAUSE her son used it. Or because you told him where to put the paper towel instead of taking it and throwing it away for him. Those are the only two even remotely sensical reasons, and even then they'd be classed as stupid as heck.

Comment

I used to do professional commercial/business washroom cleanings.

I straight up don't let them in people hate me for it.
            As I always tell them after they barge though me: "enjoy the chemical burns!"
            But yeah, she's a prissy stuck-up bitch.

Comment

Oh you know what you did or well didn't do? You didn't offer to wipe their behinds when they were done. You forgot to shine their shoes and kiss their toes. Oh and you forgot to hand them a nice warm towel for them to dry their precious hands on.

You should be more on top of it in the future.

The 8 years I've done retail work I've learned three things:
              1 . You can't please everyone
              2. They will complain about anything they can
              3. If I let what the jerks say bother me, I'd be in the nut house already.

Comment

Quoth Really View Post
                The 8 years I've done retail work I've learned three things:
                1 . You can't please everyone
                2. They will complain about anything they can
                3. If I let what the jerks say bother me, I'd be in the nut house already.
                That can be said of any type of customer service.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Thank deity we have one toilet and one sink in each of our two bathrooms at work. I'm also thankful most of my customers understand "It'll be just a moment" when I have the door braced open and I'm cleaning the toilet/sink/mirror/whatever. As to what you "did" I have no idea--has she complained to management about you at all? If not, I'd just let it go. People like that aren't worth stressing about.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                    Thank deity we have one toilet and one sink in each of our two bathrooms at work. I'm also thankful most of my customers understand "It'll be just a moment" when I have the door braced open and I'm cleaning the toilet/sink/mirror/whatever. As to what you "did" I have no idea--has she complained to management about you at all? If not, I'd just let it go. People like that aren't worth stressing about.
                    Oh I'm not stressed about it at all :-) I just wondered what everyone's take on it would be.

I've been working retail for almost 40 years, with a short 10 year break to work in a church, so I've pretty much see/heard it all. I just wondered

Comment

40.... **reads again to be sure I read it right** 40 YEARS? You must enjoy that particular field of work to stay with it that long. Kudos to you for dealing with society in general for that long and not losing every last bit of sanity you started with!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                        40.... **reads again to be sure I read it right** 40 YEARS? You must enjoy that particular field of work to stay with it that long. Kudos to you for dealing with society in general for that long and not losing every last bit of sanity you started with!
                        Thanks.

Actually I do enjoy it. I'm pretty good (if I do say so myself) at dealing with the public in general, making them feel as they are the only customer I have. I work hard at remembering my repeat customers and they appreciate it. I'm a night owl, so there's not many office-type jobs you can have where you get to work afternoons and evenings, but even so, I just LIKE it!

And after 40 years, there's not much I haven't seen, or heard, so I don't get shocked. Nor do I get rattled anymore. You wanna be sucky? Go right ahead - you won't ruin my life! Oh I'm sorry ... did you MEAN to ruin my life? Ain't gonna happen

Comment

I think she became offended because you were cleaning the sink her young one just used. It seems to be a quirk a lot of people have. I've seen people in restaurants get offended when they happen to see the table they vacated get wiped down.

Comment

Working...
                          X