This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't give me a hundred dollar bill, they'll think I'm stealing."

As the title reads you heard right. This lady came through my line and hit the buttons on the keypad, and input that she wanted $100 back. I wasn't sure if I had enough twenties, so....
    Me: Maam, is a hundred dollar bill ok with you?
    SC: No, its not.
    She sees me looking at the fifty dollar bill and I'm about to ask her when she cuts me off.
    SC: No fifties either. People will think I'm stealing if I have a big bill.
    Me: No problem, let me just make sure I have enough twenties.
    I count them and indeed I do have enough, so I proceed to give her the money, and I also appologize because she seems annoyed and wouldn't you just know that she's probably the psycho type to go and complain, probably saying something to the managers like, "How dare your cashiers try to give me big bills?!"
    My God, what goes through customers' warped little minds? Sometimes I wonder. Nobody is gonna think you're stealing if they spot you with a hundred or a fifty. I would imagine they'd think you're rich maybe? Some customers really got a thing about big bills. Plus we have a bank, so I"m pretty sure they will break the big bill for you.
    SIGH customers are idiots. But without crazy ones like this, customerssuck.com would not exist

Offer her all singles, so people think she's stripping.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Ok I'm gonna ask the obvious question.

Who the hell thinks someone is stealing when that someone has big bills?

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post

Stupid idiots like that lady.

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
          Stupid idiots like that lady.
          That and people who really are stealing.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Maybe she is a crook and doesn't want big bills to make her look suspicous?

Comment

I can understand not wanting large bills because a lot of places wont take them, but that is weired
              "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

I second what pitmonkey said. I wouldn't want a $100 or a $50 just because most places won't take them, NOT because it might make me look suspicious. Crazy lady is CRAZY!!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Large notes are the most lucrative to counterfeit. They're also harder to make change for. That's pretty much all I can think of.

Even a quick-change scam would start with a real smaller note and move up to an imaginary larger note, so having a real large note isn't an advantage there.

So yeah, that's SC logic for you.

Comment

Maybe local stores mark big bills with a pen? She might be referring to that when she claims people will think she's stealing.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I often think, so and so is getting paid under the table, so...stealing from the feds?

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post

maybe the cops.... when they pull you over for drug possession?
                        o wait that's when they end up suspecting you of trafficking not stealing

got me beat.
                        only thing i can think is that... whomever she had to pay off didn't trust her to get a real $100 bill.

Comment

On the flip side i have always wondered why people treat stores and especially fast food like a bank before 9 am .. like 5 or 6 am??? What causes some one to pay less than $5 with a $50 or $100 at 6 am???

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't also want you to make sure they had non-sequential serial numbers.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                            X