Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's always one thing that bothered me about that image. Why would it print American currency? Would seem kinda useless.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      There's always one thing that bothered me about that image. Why would it print American currency? Would seem kinda useless.
      They yen for dollars.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth TowelKing View Post
        Not an ideal situation, but have you ever seen $1800 in 20's?
        I've seen a lot more than that in $20's. I used to work for a computer person (who did many illegal things) and always paid in cash. He'd send me into Boston to pick up equipment and the bills were always in the very high $x,xxx to mid $1x,xxx range.

As for not taking $100 bills - this is not uncommon. Many places won't accept bills larger than $20. While I understand it is a little inconvenient, go to a bank and get change. Or, use that $100 for groceries and keep the change and/or lower bills for places that don't take larger bills.

Quoth dalesys View Post
        They yen for dollars.
        *groan*
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I hate $100's, especally for anything that's not even remotely close to the amount of the bill. If it's not $60 or more, please do not give me a fucking $100 --- even if the total amount is around $40. I most likely won't have enough to cover the change until probably closer to the middle of my shift.

If I am presented with a $100, don't get pissed off if I ask if you have anything smaller, tell you that I don't have enough to make change, or I call someone up to make change. It's your damn bill, take it somewhere that does a lot more business then Random Craft Store.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post

Larry Had a Little Lamb.

As I'm ringing up a customer's order, a guy comes in and my CW goes to help him. I don't remember exactly what he said but I overheard him saying he wanted the "lamb" sandwich. My CW told him that we don't have a lamb sandwich, and of course, he said "I just had it last week!"

I'm just looking at my CW and told him "We have never had a lamb sandwich." He mumbled something and left.
            Either he meant to say ham or maybe he somehow mixed you guys up with Daphne's if there's one in your area.

Comment

Not an ideal situation, but have you ever seen $1800 in 20's?
              Yes, and its not even a full banded pack (100).. In fact, I held twice my entire college tuition in twenties, in one hand, on more than one occasion. Two thousand dollars to a bundle, five bundles to a brick, two bricks to the layer, three layers plus loose bundles. Over Thirty thousand dollars that fit in one hand. Nothing more depressing than realizing people spent more than your college tuition buying nachos in one day. In just twenties.

On another note, you can ask the bank to change a few hundreds for lower denominations, then come back later as needed. No rule saying you need to swap it all out at once.
              Last edited by Geek King; 07-18-2011, 09:27 PM.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My ex refuses to get a bank account, so he used to pay his child support (before I had his wages garnished) in $100 bills. Big pain in the butt for me, because I'd have to go into a bank to get it broken into something usable.

Comment

That's annoying. I think I'd have made him get a money order or cashier's check "for the protection of both parties." I'm ornery like that, tho.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The worst part is, many of the people who try to pay in hundreds don't NEED to -- I have seen many a story here where, upon being told that the store can't break them, the cursetomer whips out a wallet full of tens and twenties. I really would like to know who they thought they were gonna impress at a game store or fast food joint >_< Having worked at both, WE DON'T CARE. Get your damn [product] and GTFO.

re the nintendo image -- there's an animated GIF of it (or many of them ) out there, too ^_^
                    Last edited by EricKei; 07-19-2011, 01:12 AM.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

...have you ever seen $1800 in 20's?
                      Yes.

My bar can get REALLY busy during certain times of year or special events, and at the end of the night, we'll certainly have a shitload of cash. And I'm not just talking about the bartenders with drawers...when I was serving there, there were times when I would turn in that amount or close to it, most of it in twenties. Think about it....that shit was in my pocket! (In my bar, servers carry their own banks.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Pezzle
                        4. Finally, Hold it up to the light - Look for the security strip AND the watermark to the right of the president's face.

Note, #4 sometimes offends customers or brings on the annoying "HUR DUR I JUST PRITNED IT THIS MORNING!" line. Don't worry, fuck em', you're doing the right thing.
                        I posted a story recently about a customer getting offended I follows my store's policy and checked a $50 in the light.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Hell, I have people get offended when I obey the law by checking their ID's or insisting that they have valid ID's when they are purchasing alcohol.

Actual conversation from a couple of weeks ago, when a Danish man and his two sons walked in and ordered beer. The man and the one son had ID, but the younger one did not. The man was polite enough, but the following amusing conversation ensued...

DANISH MAN: "In Denmark, if you are with your parents, you can drink."
                          JESTER: "Welcome to Florida."

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            DANISH MAN: "In Denmark, if you are with your parents, you can drink."
                            JESTER: "Welcome to Florida."
                            That's a lie. If you are under 18 you aren't allowed to drink alcohol in a bar or buy it at a store. The bar is supposed to ask for ID here too.
                            If your parents want to get you drunk, they have to do it at home.

Comment

Mikkel, I wouldn't know, having never been to Denmark, or within several thousand miles of the place.

I DO, however, know that in many countries, and even in a few States, that that is the reality....if you are under the legal age but with your parents, you are allowed to drink. Of course, at least in Texas, restaurants have the right to refuse that particular rule. Don't ask me...I only worked a few days in Texas, so I can't comment on it. (I was merely passing through.)

In Florida, no one is allowed to give anyone under the age of 21 alcohol for any reason whatsoever. Technically speaking, if a legally-aged adult gives a beer to a 20 year old in the privacy of their own home, it is a criminal act.

Yeah, my nieces have had drinks at my apartment. Ask me if I care.

Still A Customer."

Comment

You hardened criminal, you.

My friend in UT let me have alcohol when I was 20...after I'd helped her move apartments. And it was just us. And then the next time I went down there for Thanksgiving break and finished my Nano. I can't write when I've had alcohol, I'm too busy giggling my ass off...
                                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                                X