This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Mikkel, I wouldn't know, having never been to Denmark, or within several thousand miles of the place.
    I think that the law was changed sometime in the nineties. All the supermarkets got signs up about IDs and age limits at that time.

I think you would enjoy Europe and even Denmark though the weather is a bit colder than you are used to. We have good beer, even if all you poor foreigners get is Carlsberg .

Comment

I would thoroughly enjoy Europe, and not just because of the beer. And while I don't like cold, I can deal with it, though I promise you that I would only ever be in Europe in the warmer months.

By the way, Carlsberg is really not that good. Elephant Red, on the other hand....I used to drink oil cans of that yummy stuff in the 90's a LOT. Haven't seen it in a while, though.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        By the way, Carlsberg is really not that good. Elephant Red, on the other hand....I used to drink oil cans of that yummy stuff in the 90's a LOT. Haven't seen it in a while, though.....
        No, I was trying to hint that Carlsberg isn't the best beer from Denmark, just the one which get exported the most.
        With an elephant Elephant Red should be from Carlsberg too but I have never tried it. When I look it up, it looks like it is brewed in Canada.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
          You hardened criminal, you.

My friend in UT let me have alcohol when I was 20...after I'd helped her move apartments. And it was just us. And then the next time I went down there for Thanksgiving break and finished my Nano. I can't write when I've had alcohol, I'm too busy giggling my ass off...
          I had my first beer at 16 during my grandmother's funeral (I think I was 16 anyway! Somewhere around there). Irish Wake - nobody batted an eye at me haha

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            JESTER: "Welcome to Florida."
            Indeed... *nods sagely*

Quoth Jester View Post
            Elephant Red, on the other hand....I used to drink oil cans of that yummy stuff in the 90's a LOT. Haven't seen it in a while, though.....
            That is too funny. My husband likes most beers...but once (in the 90s) I was with him when he tried an Elephant Red and the face he made was priceless. He absolutely hated it. We joked about the "Elephant Red Face" for a long time.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth TowelKing View Post
              Not an ideal situation, but have you ever seen $1800 in 20's?
              Yup. I've seen $4600 in 20's, actually. It's how I paid for my car.
              The Bus was paid all in 20's, too. $2000.
              So was the RV ($1300).
              Just for shits and giggles, when I buy a house/property of my own, I'm gonna pay them in 20's.

And when they ask me where I got the money (as EQ's financiers did), I'm tell 'em "on the street corner".
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                And when they ask me where I got the money (as EQ's financiers did), I'm tell 'em "on the street corner".
                It'd be even better if you got the cash from a bank on said corner.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  It'd be even better if you got the cash from a bank on said corner.

^-.-^
                  Only if I want it in my credit report. I pay cash for everything, including that thar nonexistent house. I have no credit so no one would loan to me anyhow.
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    Only if I want it in my credit report. I pay cash for everything, including that thar nonexistent house. I have no credit so no one would loan to me anyhow.
                    If you want to build credit, the easiest is to buy from a rent-to-own place. Set up payments, do them for a few months, then pay off the balance before the deadline for straight buy pricing. You'll end up paying a bit more for whatever you buy, but it's good for building a credit presence and establishing your ability to make payments reliably.

If you'd prefer to be a credit ghost, then just ignore everything I said.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      If you want to build credit, the easiest is to buy from a rent-to-own place.
                      Just be careful and make sure you'll have the money to do it as AB suggested first -- set it aside if need be. At furniture/appliance rental places in particular, paying through the FULL "lease" term will generally cost you no less than double retail. Also, these places are notorious for...shall we say, "aggressive" collection policies, even against people who miss a single payment by a couple of days. As in "large, shady-looking fellows start to show up near your house, pester your neighbors if you're not there, and attempt to look in your windows" aggressive, in addition to harassing phone calls. They figure that many of their clients (a) really can't afford to do this anyway, (b) may or may not ever return items that they're not done paying for, and (c) are unlikely to call the cops. Sadly, they are often correct -- they intentionally TARGET certain income groups with this in mind x.x

Just caveat...uhm...rentor , and you'll be fine ^_^
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                        I had my first beer at 16 during my grandmother's funeral
                        Similarly, I tried beer for the first time at my father's funeral. Or more exactly, at the reception after the funeral. I was 10 at the time, and I saw my 9-year-old cousin trying it, so I asked my Mom if *I* could try some. She shocked me by saying okay, and I took a sip....and hated it. Swore I would never drink that nasty stuff again.

Amazing how things change.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X