This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cat Lady

We in retail have a specific SC that every cashier knows about. We call her a Cat Lady. She is our regular, but she has a lack of hygeine and complains about prices of almost everything. Everytime I see her enter the store, I pray that she will head towards another cashier to check out. Unfortunately, she tends to chose me instead (Probably because I'm usually the one who puts up with her Cr*p). Here's how it usually goes.

Me:
    SC: Cat Lady*smells like cat piss everytime she comes to my register.*

Me: Hello, Did you find everything that you're been looking for?
    SC: I think so. Can you check the price on this one item A?
    Me: Sure. *scans item* It's $3.99.
    SC: Can you scan this one and tell me the price on it item B?
    Me: *scans* Item B is 2 for $5.
    ( at this point the cat piss smells worse)
    SC: but I thought the Item B was on sale for $1.99.
    Me. Let me check the Ad for Item B.
    *checks the Ad that states Item B should be 2 for $5.*
    Me: Mam, the Ad states that item B is 2 for $5.
    SC. I don't want it then.
    Me: Are you sure? It's only 51 cent difference.
    SC. No. I only want it for $1.99. I'll just pay for the Item A.
    Me. ok
    SC: *pays for the Item in cash*(the cash also smells like cat piss)
    Me: thank you, you have a great evening.

As soon as SC left, I wanted to rant this, but I did it in my head.
    GOOD LORD, DOES THAT LADY EVER TAKES A SHOWER OR EAITHER WASHES HER CLOTHES? AND DOES SHE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICES IN EVERY STORE?

I wish I could rant that, but I won't since I tend to be nice

In addition, I saw her at Wallyworld the other day while I was shopping. How did I recognized her before even looking? The Smell of cat piss of course.

I'm a Ninja

I run into my regulars at WallyWorld, too, but I tend to hop around a corner.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

There's a man in my store just like this. I've seen him on Uscan twice and both times he went into a rant about the price of a particular package of Little Debbie snack cakes because one he bought was on sale and one wasn't. The first time a manager explained to him how the sales work and why some items are put on sale and some aren't but he barely believed him and just took the non-sale package off, and the second time he went to look for another manager that he's apparently spoken to before that wasn't the first one. He wore this huge yellow shirt with holes in it, had greasy looking hair, and smelled.

And of course, there's a woman in the store we call "smelly cat lady" that has this odd looking blonde hair and usually has on the exact same clothing. And, of course... reeks of cat piss. A former cashier lives next to her and says her house smells the same way. One time when she came in after she left the manager sprayed Lysol around everywhere it was so bad.

Comment

These people are giving Cat Ladies a bad name!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Evil Cashier 411 View Post
          SC: Cat Lady*smells like cat piss everytime she comes to my register.*

SC: *pays for the Item in cash*(the cash also smells like cat piss)
          I had one of those when I was cashiering. Her money smelled so bad that I couldn't even give it out as change. Finally I had to call the lead to take it away before it stank up the entire till. It was nauseating.

When I got home that day, I showered and showered and sent my clothes through the washer twice to get the (probably imagined) smell gone.

We also used to have an old man that came to the store that would be ok when he came in, but he'd walk by you again a while later having obviously peed his pants. He smelled bad too once that happened. I don't know if he didn't know or if he didn't care.

Comment

People who live surrounded by a specific stench get to the point where they can't smell it themselves. So she can't even smell the cat stink.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We used to have a customer who for some reason wouldn't live in his house, and lived on the street. Always wore the same clothes and blankets year round, even in the summer. He and his money smelt like fecal matter and/or urine.

For some reason we, er, corporate never banned him, but kept a box of gloves at each register and put any money given to the side where it was bagged and labeled as smelling like urine/fecal matter and given to the armored car company like that so they could deal whit it.

Comment

So to handle catpiss money you need to wear a hazrat suit?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  So to handle catpiss money you need to wear a hazrat suit?
                  Groan... that was so very wrong.

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
                    Groan... that was so very wrong.
                    Cat, meet Dalesys. He is, for all intents and purposes, a living incarnation of "Wrong"
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Now they've found me, I won't run
                      There goes a well known gun

- Silver Metre 1970, Kate Taylor 1971 (Elton John)
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If you can get any identifying information on people like this, report them to whichever agency in your city is responsible for elderly/disabled welfare.

These people need intervention and/or carer assistance that they're clearly not getting.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                        X