This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You're supposed to be watching me!!!"

Today on my lunch a cashier told me a story from last weekend. She was working the U-scans when a lady had a cart full of packs of soda (or pop as we call it here in Michigan). Instead of scanning them all she took one package out and scanned it for all of them. Nothing wrong with that. However, she scanned one one too many times. Well, those scanners are sensitive, very understandable. Well, she didn't realize until she got her receipt. And then she proceeded to yell at the cashier, and it went something like this:

Bitch: "I rang up one too many of these! It's not right!!"

Attendant: "I'm sorry, but you'll have to go to customer service. I can't do refunds here."

Bitch: "But this is WRONG!!"

Attendant: "I'm sorry, I have no way of doing refunds here."

Bitch: "You were supposed to be WATCHING ME!! That's your job!! You're supposed to count how many I have and make sure I scan them right!! Why weren't you doing your job?!!!"

So bitch heads for the service desk and demands to see the manager on duty (by the way, he is a total horse's ass and I can guarantee you that he bent down and licked her shoes while promising to speak to the attendant. So then the attendant is helping another customer when madame bitch strolls up, a smug look on her face, and yells loud enough to draw stares:

"HAHA!! I told on you!!! You're getting WRITTEN UP!!!"

She said it was a woman in her late 50's. *shakes head* Not that that behavior would have been acceptable from anyone. Another cashier said they've had trouble with her before. By the way, I don't think she did get written up, but this manager is such an ass that I wouldn't have been surprised if she did.
    Last edited by Despina83; 07-25-2011, 05:05 AM.

Way to be classy and mature, SC. I'm sure the other customers were quite impressed by the way you stuck it to the man...or in this case, the young woman/wage slave.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I would have refused to sign the writeup and complained to HR. Getting written up because a customer makes a mistake scanning and you literally *cannot* fix it at your station?

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
        Bitch: "You were supposed to be WATCHING ME!! That's your job!! You're supposed to count how many I have and make sure I scan them right!! Why weren't you doing your job?!!!"
        "You're supposed to know how to count."
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

The service desk can't fix stupid.

Comment

*From my own, similar experiences in that situation*
            "No, ma'am, my job is to maintain these machines and assist customers with problems before the transaction is completed. After you pay, it's the job of customer services to correct problems. "
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

If she wanted to be watched so closely, dumbbitch shoulda gone to a manned register.

Teh stupids. . .it burnzzzz.

Comment

Should have made the write up worthwhile and yelled back at her

Comment

(looking downhearted) "I, I'm sorry ma'am. You are so right. I just looked at you and thought, there's an intelligent, competent woman, who knows just what she is doing. I'll try to remember you can't count next time, I promise!"

Comment

Never mind that you also have to keep an eye on the other 3 or more people at the self checkout.

What was this woman, like two?

Comment

Teskeria, I like.

I've had similar situations, but without the EW smug assholeness. The U-Scan has a big screen that shows each item as you scan it. So not only were you supposed to magically know how many of items she had hidden in her cart from a distance, you were supposed to know what was on the screen she didn't pay attention to.

I'm ashamed of you. (not really)
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

gosh, i'm so sorry that you can't:

read and follow simple directions

count items correctly

maybe you need to hire an assistant to handle the tought tasks?
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

The SC sure didn't know that counting is fundamental.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                          X