This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about germophobia

Hi everyone I've been a member on this board for about a month. I was just reader. But I've got a story today.

-BG- I work at McDonalds, so yeah we get alot of unpleasant customers. Some very nice, some ok, and others uggghhhh! lol. I work in drive thru where I give customers their orders. I don't know grill or table (making sandwiches etc) but I do know how to make smoothies, coffees, ice cream foods, stuff like that. -end of BG-

Well today a lady came through the drive thru ordered a mocha frappe. And if you work at McDonalds you will pretty much know how we make our frappes/smoothies. We make them in machine with a blender thing and we put whip cream and drizzle on the frappes (caramel or chocolate) .

Anyway I was making her frappe. I put the whip cream on it. Then I put the last bit of chocolate drizzle. There was barely any left. So I grabbed the unopened one. It has a sticker on the opening. So I had to undo the top and take the sticker off so I'll be able to put chocolate drizzle on her mocha frappe (also the drizzle lids are kind of like ketchep lids) But the lid dropped on the floor. Remember it was only the lid, not even opened. No chocolate fell on the floor. When I went to pick up the lid. I noticed the lady waving her arms and screaming at me.

I walked over to the window, opened it. And she went into a full rant.

"WHATEVER YOU DROPPED ON THE FLOOR. I DON'T WANT IT ON MY DRINK!"

"Ma'am it was only the lid."

"I DON'T CARE. I DON'T WANT ANY CHOCOLATE ON MY FRAPPE ANYMORE. JUST GIVE IT TO ME WITH THE WHIP CREAM AND THATS IT!"

I am a very sensitive person. I get my feelings hurt easily. So I just gave her the frappe with just the whip cream. She just grabbed it out of my hand, gave me the dirtiest of all looks, and drove away. I'm just standing there wondering 'good god lady it was only the lid. It was even open!'

Sorry about it being long, I just had to get it out. Its been bothering me all day. It wasn't the situation, it was the way she acted.

First: Welcome to

Second: Even though I worked at Macca's, I wouldn't have a clue on how to make half the drinks in the Cafe.
    But I'm pretty well sure that one of the ingredients isn't and never has been a plastic lid.

Third: ???????

Fourth: Profit.
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Is this the lid that you have to put back onto the container to dispense the chocolate? If so this object that has been on the floor is going to touch the chocolate that is going into my drink. Does the kitchen pick up spatulas from the floor and proceed to flip burgers with them too? After all the spatula is not an ingredient of the burger. Personally I'm on the customer's side in this one.

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
        Is this the lid that you have to put back onto the container to dispense the chocolate? If so this object that has been on the floor is going to touch the chocolate that is going into my drink. Does the kitchen pick up spatulas from the floor and proceed to flip burgers with them too? After all the spatula is not an ingredient of the burger. Personally I'm on the customer's side in this one.
        If the chocolate had not been dispensed yet, there was no way for the lid to contaminate the drink. Lid comes off, chocolate goes on, then the lid goes back on the container. I agree the lid should be washed before being put BACK on the container, but for this lady's drink it shouldn't have been an issue.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

For most sorts of bottles, the inside of the lid might, just possibly, touch the top edge of where the chocolate comes out. Don't much see how the lid being dropped on the floor would get germs on the inside of the lid.

I agree with the OP. The lady was over-the-top.

At most, they might want to wash the lid before putting it back on. Lady sounds like she thinks the whole bottle is somehow contaminated.

Comment

In your position, I'd be likely to ask my manager (assuming this was the first time it happened) what to do, and give a few possibilities:

1. Use the lid (contamination issues)
            2. Wash and then use the lid (Mickey D's is unlikely to have plastic-safe washing equipment).
            3. Toss the lid, and re-use the lid from the old bottle (no floor dirt, but has old chocolate drizzle).
            4. Toss the bottle and get a new one (product waste).

My guess is the manager would choose #3.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              1. Use the lid (contamination issues)
              2. Wash and then use the lid (Mickey D's is unlikely to have plastic-safe washing equipment).
              3. Toss the lid, and re-use the lid from the old bottle (no floor dirt, but has old chocolate drizzle).
              4. Toss the bottle and get a new one (product waste).

My guess is the manager would choose #3.
              At home, where the old lid might be months old, I'd chose #2. In a restaurant, where the old lid was new yesterday, I wouldn't hesitate to select #3.

Comment

Working...
              X