This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm...why would you steal that?

Not necessarily a customer, but still sucky.

Some guy walked off with our huge green bin the other day. In full view of customers, with nobody watching apparaently.
    This bin is the generic rubbish bin for customers and staff to stick all their stuff in. So now we are without a bin.

Dude, if you're gonna STEAL something, at least make it worth your while! If you thought you were going to get credit card details and whatnot, you thought wrong....(the only high-security stuff we tear up and put in the bin behind the counter)
    Last edited by fireheart; 08-03-2011, 12:18 PM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Actually, there's been a problem with people stealing large garbage cans near my parents. They wait until the garbage truck's been by to empty them, then steal them. Dad believes its some of the local farmers taking them for "free" feed storage bins.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When I worked in the liquor store we found some empty O'Doul's in the cooler after a busy evening.WTF,the moron couldn't even steal real beer!
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Considering that a standard outside trash bin costs around $50, that's not exactly a small theft.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Considering that a standard outside trash bin costs around $50, that's not exactly a small theft.

^-.-^
          I think its a little bit more around our parts but not sure.

I'm now tempted to ask if we can cable-tie our bins to each other (meaning that if one guy tries to walk off with the green bin, he'd have to walk off with our plastic bag bin)

My first thought was that the guy was going to look for credit card statements and whatnot since we allow people to pay for that stuff at my work (only for the company cards), but then I remembered two things:

1) We take the statements when people pay for their credit card. Or they don't bring them in anyway.
          2) The only other high-secure information we carry is for mobile phone purchases (in Australia there's a legal requirement that you have to show ID and fill out a form informing the government of how many phones you own. This only applies to phones you buy new IIRC) and that gets torn up after the information is put in, and then dumped into the bin behind the counter. The two bins never meet each other.

The green bin in question is a wheely bin and is shaped like this:

About that size too. We have a bigger one for plastic bags...
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            Dude, if you're gonna STEAL something, at least make it worth your while! If you thought you were going to get credit card details and whatnot, you thought wrong....(the only high-security stuff we tear up and put in the bin behind the counter)
            My co-worker loves telling the story of when he worked at a fast food place that had a salad bar (I don't think it was the red-haired pigtails girl - a local place) Some guy comes in, looks at the big bowl with the lettuce in it, and asks if he can have it. Ummm, no you can't. OK. He leaves. A few minutes later, he runs in, grabs the bowl, and runs back out!

People are cRaZY!!
            Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
            At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Back when I was still doing contract compliance for Oakleaf, we had a recurring problem with people on Hawaii's big island working for one particular hauler stealing and repainting bins belonging to the other haulers. As if they couldn't drive around and tell who got repainted bins ...
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
              X