This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crib man

This was back when I still worked at Hellmart.

I was heading back to my break and this happened:

SC: Hi, I want to know what sort of a discount I can get on this. -It's a crib in a box that's beaten up. Can you go ask the manager?

I walk back to the CSMs, ask, and I go back to tell him 10%.

SC: Work your magic, I should get more than that.

And so on. Finally I just dragged a CSM up there with him.

If I had magic, I would be in Chicago's yellow pages, taking (HIGHLIGHT: Dresden Files Changes and Ghost Story spoilers!)

Dresden's place in it.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

It's a better discount than I would've given him. 1) It's a beat up BOX, not the item itself. 2) Furniture with a box that isn't dinged, scraped or torn? Not that common at Hellmart.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      SC: Work your magic, I should get more than that.
      Condescending douchewaffle.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Response to the "work your magic" line:

"I did work my magic. Unfortunately, all it got me was a job here." (walk away)
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Whaaat? You can get a discount for that? Is that common? Would it be sucky of me to ask for that as long as I didn't do it like the asshat in the OP?

Comment

Some places will give 'scratch and dent' discounts, or reduce prices for display models they no longer need (ie the model is being discontinued). Generally it is 10%, but sometimes if they really want to get rid of it..can be more.

It is not bad to ask for it..as long as you remember a few things. 1) It is the stores discretion to give said discount and 2) it is the stores discretion how much, should they decide to give one.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have family members that will look specifically for damaged boxes to get a discount. Sometimes they will go as far as to damage the box themselves and whine that it's for a gift and they should get a discount.

I also have had the fun of explaining that "One of a kind" doesn't mean that since 'it's the last one left like it' that it will be discounted.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                It is not bad to ask for it..as long as you remember a few things. 1) It is the stores discretion to give said discount and 2) it is the stores discretion how much, should they decide to give one.
                I would just be happy to get any kind of discount. I had no idea that this was something that could happen. I always figured that if the store wanted to give a discount it would be indicated on the box.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Some places will give 'scratch and dent' discounts, or reduce prices for display models they no longer need (ie the model is being discontinued).
                  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to cribs. I asked the Bullseye once if I could get a display crib. They said they didn't own them, and after the model wasn't on sale any more, they had to send it back. Even called coprorate, and they told me the same thing.

(So why did I want a display crib? Especially when, as those of you who sell them know, they're cut down to about a foot long so they can display more of them in the same space? Well, a crib that's been cut down to a foot long makes a great radiator cover...)

Comment

Working...
                  X