Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, a sincere "Thank you" to everyone for welcoming me to the forum.

Reading the rants here, I realize that I am far from alone in having to deal with sucktastic customers. I also hope to learn a thing or two about proper ways to respond to SCs.

In that vein, BeenThereDoneThat, I like your answer -- politely say that "we do not match competitor's prices and that we believe our products are worth the price we charge." I will file it away for future reference.

And taguykarl: The funny thing is there is a shopping center just across the major highway from my store. The anchor store there? WallyWorld!

Food Lady: Not only would I not want to draw attention to the fact that I was purchasing stool softener, I would want to get out of the store as quickly as possible so I could go home and take it, not quibble about the price!

Anyway, it was a learning experience for me. The other night, one of the other managers smiled and asked me if I had thrown anyone else out of the store. He said he didn't really agree with how the manager on duty handled it, but said just don't do it again.

________

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      You would not, but it seems old ladies like to draw attention to it. I have no idea why.

I remember one old dear at the Drug Store From Hell bringing up a large jar of Metamucil to my register and say in a loud voice that could be heard all across the front of the store, "I really need this stuff, I have so much trouble with my BOWELS!!!"

And if they're not bringing up attention to their bowels, it's Miss Kitty. . .as I had one discuss it rather unashamedly several months back b/c she was looking for the Dove sensitive bodywash (which I'd sold out of)which was on sale.

I guess reading all those health related books when I was growing up has made me a bit immune to it all.

But OTOH, to discuss such a topic as one's private parts with a complete stranger can be taken in so many different ways . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Soylent Greengrocer View Post
        In that vein, BeenThereDoneThat, I like your answer -- politely say that "we do not match competitor's prices and that we believe our products are worth the price we charge." I will file it away for future reference.
        Well, we get brownie points for stuff like that, so we actually have scripting we can use if people complain. In other words, I didn't make it up, but it works for us, so I hope it works for you too
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
        X