Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, we are out of stock. Yes, I am sure.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    People who own stores want to make money. Why on earth would they hide the things they want to sell?
    Well, I can kind of understand the question in big, busy stores. Sometimes the shelves run out and the floor staff hasn't had the time to restock it yet. But pressing the issue, or asking when there obviously is no "back," is when it goes over the line.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Here's an idea for those of you who run stalls at conventions/fairs etc.: Make a large poster with the image of a wide-open door, empty shelves on the "other side" and the words ' The Back' above it.

When they ask if you have more in the back, simply indicate the poster (which should be hanging on the wall behind you) and say "Can you see any back there?
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I used to work in a store where the backroom was connected to the breakroom. You just strolled through one door and bam, you were in the breakroom.

Ergo, whenever somebody used to ask me to check in the "back" for something I knew we did not have, I just ducked into the breakroom, had a soda or sat down or something, and then re-emerged shaking my head.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I worked at the Orange Apron for a while. I'd get this question often - and tell them "Look up. See those pallets up there? THAT'S our back. I can get one of the widgets for you, but it'll take about 30 min plus. Would you like to wait?" Or "try tomorrow, those will be pulled down soon"
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
          X