This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dizty girl and the car purchase.

This didn't happen to me at work, in fact in didn't even happen to me . . . it happened to my husband and he had to deal with not a sucky customer - but a stupid one.

My husband sold our newly purchased car. One that we had just got off eBay, but was misrepresented as "running good" (whereas in fact, it had a multitude of problems with it, mostly transmission). We had taken the car into a mechanic and had them plug it into the computer to find out the problems (which is when we found out the tranny had problems).

We opted to e-mail the seller, get a small refund from the seller (which we did get with no problems - he didn't realize the car had problems . . . right . . . ) and resell the car with the problems listed. We had the car listed on craigslist and put it out at our local grocery store's parking lot. We've had a few lookers, but not many takers. Until this one couple.

According to my husband (I wasn't around at the time because I was at work), this young couple wanted the car and made a good offer, which my husband took ($100 knocked off the asking price). They were fully aware the car needed a new transmission as well as a few other things to get it running tip top again. The girl even asked, "if the car would run for at least a month around town." To which my husband replied, "I can't guarantee it . . . but it might . . ."

So money and keys were exchanged and the couple went merrily on their way. Until my husband got a phone call from the girl. Basically, she was begging him to take the car back and refund the money. Why? you ask . . . Because, they purchased a small truck that needed a new transmission, her father was able to replace the transmission in the small truck with no problems and he didn't charge her for it. She had made the assumption that he could do the same for this car. I don't know what year the truck was, but the car was a '96, you can find a used transmission on eBay for this car for around $500. Instead of having daddy look at the vehicle before making a (in our opinion) a great purchase (car was dirt cheap, mind you, it had lots of extras). Daddy couldn't replace the tranny (not cheaply anyway) and now since my husband refused to take the car back, her parents were now going to "dis-own her" and how they have "no money now." She wanted my husband to get on the phone with her father and tell him everything that was wrong with the car. She was probably figuring that daddy might bail her out of this mess if he heard of everything that was wrong with the car. Well. My husband was at work at this point and it wasn't the time or the place to start talking vehicles. He told her several times to have her father call him back the next day and he'd explain everything to him like he did the couple . . . gladly.

So, my husband gets back to doing his job (delivering pizzas) of course. When the very last call of the night (and yes, all you pizza/restaurant workers know about the last order of the night, usually made just before closing), my husband took the phone call. The person on the was an SC by far.

SC: "Um, um, um, um" (sounds of someone really desperate and dumb).
    Hubby: . . . .
    SC: "Um, um, um, can order that one pizza . . .? You know the cheesy one . . .?"
    Hubby: "uhhh"
    SC: "The one with the cheese in the crust . . .?"
    Hubby: "The cheesy bites pizza?"
    SC: "Yeah, that's it!"
    Hubby: "O.k., what would you like on it?"
    SC: "Um, um, um, um . . ."
    Hubby:

My husband goes to deliver the pizza and it's no other than, yes, you guessed it, the person he sold the car too! And he even recognized the address, they order quite a bit, even ordered a few days ago. So, it's highly unlikely that they were completely broke and out of cash. The girl, apparently just as ditzy at the door as she was on the phone, didn't even recognize my husband as the seller of the car (and the car was sitting in their driveway, by the way). Maybe she was on something . . . I can't remember if she tipped him or not.

Needless to say, she called back a couple days later (after father NOT even calling ONCE) to apologize (so . . . I guess if they apologize, does that still make them an SC??) and is proceeding to title the car. Daddy didn't dis-own her after all.
    Last edited by karma_gypsy; 02-14-2007, 11:06 PM. Reason: a couple of changes here and there
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
    Needless to say, she called back a couple days later (after father NOT even calling ONCE) to apologize (so . . . I guess if they apologize, does that still make them an SC??) and is proceeding to title the car. Daddy didn't dis-own her after all.
    Well it seems to me that she was more ditzy than anything. I mean, an apology does a lot to negate SC-like behaviour in my opinion. It sounds to me like she blew her father's reaction out of proportion or she simply exaggerated. The fact that she actually apologized shows at least a little bit of class.

As for not recognizing your husband, well, that's forgiveable. Hell, I'm horrible with faces.
    "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
    - Raven

Comment

Well she did say that she was sorry, and if she truly meant it, then no, she was not a sucky one. But if she was not meaning it, then yeah, she was a sucky one
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
      X