This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some New Ones *sorry everyone!*

First off, sorry for the lack of posts over the past few days. I've been feeling pretty shitty and have been working myself to death which didn't help matters. My days were spent working, trying to remain conscious and semi-alert and laying in bed in a daze. I haven't had a day off in weeks and haven't had time to recover. Even now I feel like shit and a half. Anywho, end the whining and on to the suck.

Lydia Awesomeness

Lydia was cleaning the dining room getting ready to close when a woman came in on her phone blabbing away. She didn't seem to be bringing the conversation to a close and wasn't going to be volentarily hanging up anytime soon, but hopped in line anyway. Lydia, like most cashiers, hates fighting for the customers attention and struggling to decipher what is being said to her and what is being said into the phone so she walked up to her and told her:

L: When you're finished with your call, I'll be over there cleaning. Feel free to come get me or yell over.
    SC: III am a CUSTOMER!! I don't have to hang up the phone! I can talk as long as I please and hang up WHENEVER I WANT!!!
    L: Ok, but don't expect to order whenever you want. You don't have to hang up but I won't serve you until you do.
    SC: YOU HAVE TO! I'm a CUSTOMER!!!
    L: And I'm a cashier. I have the right to refuse service to whoever I choose. I choose to refuse service to anyone on a cell phone, so I repeat, feel free to come get me when you are finished with your call.

She hangs up, snottily, and completes her order in silence.

Punked

Stupid Teen Girl: Is Pizza Hut, like, still open?
    OT: Nope. You're 19 minutes late.
    STG: Are you, like, serious?
    OT: Deadly.
    STG: Am I, like, being punked or something?
    OT: No. I'm dead serious. Pizza Hut closes at 11pm everyday.
    STG: *whiney* That's, like, soooo stuuppiiidddd! Aaahhhhhh! Uuuhhhhh!!! I wanted pizzaaaaaa!!

She finally shuts her friggen pie hole and orders.

STG: I want a soft taco, a crunchwrap, breadsticks
    OT: Nope.
    STG: Huuuhhhh?
    OT: Breadsticks are part of Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is closed, therefore, no breadsticks.
    STG: Uuuuhhhh blublubluh! Whine whine whine whiiiiiiinnnnnee sob boo hoo cry! Okkaaayyyyy. I want a 99 cent burrito.
    OT: What kind??
    STG: 99 cent kind.
    OT: We have a few for 99 cents.
    STG: What one do YOOOUUUU like? Heeheeheeeeeee!
    OT: I don't eat here.
    STG: What one is the most pooooooopularrrrr? Heeheeheeeeeeee!
    OT: I'll give you the 5 layer.

She finishes ordering, pulls to the window, continues to be annoying, gets her food annnnndd:

STG2: Can I, like, have my, like, sour cream?
    Me: Sure. That will be 32 cents.
    STG2: Whhaattttttt?
    Me: It's not free. If you want it, you have to pay for it.
    STG2: But I, like, got it with my taquitos!
    Me: You didn't get taquitos.
    STG: I, like, ordered taquitos.
    Me: Noooo you didn't.
    STG: Yeeeessss I did! *trying to mimic me*
    Me: *reads every single damn item off the screen*
    STG2: *pulls out the reciept and reads it off in a mocking tone. Hey hey! NO taquitos!* Oh.
    Me: That will be $2.39.*smirk*
    STG2: *pays* mumblemumble guy mumble order mumble.
    Me: Pardon?
    STG: Who??
    Me: *facepalm* ....PARDON?
    STG: ........*duuuhhhhh face*
    Me: *sigh* Here's your change.
    STG: Who was that?
    Me: Who was who?
    STG: That, that person at the speaker! He talked to me through the speaker! He was a guy!
    Me: ....The order taker?
    STG: Yeah! He, like, messed up our order! Like, totally incompetant! You, should, like, totally fire him, like, right now!
    Me: Yeeaaahhh sure I'll get right on that. *closes window*

Like, ohmygod! That was, like, so totally annoying!

How did I not see that coming?

Stupid punks pull to the speaker and do typical stupid punk things; Yelling, blasting music, honking, talking and not ordering, arguing, switching seats, etc. Then, the decide to pick a fight with the guy behind them. Start calling him names and telling him to "bring it". Guy starts yelling back saying he'll pound their skulls in and shit like that. He sounds like a pro wrestler, not the type you would want to mess with unless you were brandishing an elephant rifle accompanying a fully trained German Shepard guard dog. Guy pulls to the speaker and rants about how he wants to kick the shit out of those brats and whatnot. Definetly sounds like a big man.

Punks come to the window. They are 4, scrawny little 16 year olds laughing and being obnoxious. The guy drives up behind them, speeding, and slams on his breaks bringing his car to a screeching halt inches away from Punk's bumper. I give him his food and tell him to leave. Punk continues to provoke the guy behind him. I flat out tell him to knock it off and leave now because I don't want blood on my clean window (yes I really said that). He promised to leave but wanted mild sauce first. I gave him 10 or so packets and shut the window on him. I turn away for a moment and when I look back, he's still there. Staring at me. Wide eyed, like a deer in headlights. I note that he now has only one or two packets. We stare at each other until he tosses the sauce on the dashboard and speeds off. The guy pulls up and the first thing I see is mild sauce packets pasted to this guys windshield and hood. Then, I see a big burly man, about 6'5", 270lbs, arms like a body builder, fists like sledge hammers and a face like an ex-con. Long story short, not the type of person I'd want to be within 10 feet of without a brick wall between us.

He was fuming and ranting about those punks and what they did. I apologised preofusly to which he responded my telling me not to apologise because it wasn't my fault. I did feel a little bad though becaue I should have seen that coming. :/
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

It sounds like he's a nicer guy than most. Most people built like that would most likely have kicked the shit out of anyone who dared talk to them like that.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Something tells me the girl was up past her bed time...
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        It sounds like he's a nicer guy than most. Most people built like that would most likely have kicked the shit out of anyone who dared talk to them like that.
        He was a nice customer. Terrifying, but nice

Comment

Maybe I'm too tired or something, but I don't quite get that last incident - how many cars were there, who provoked who and who threw sauce at who?

Comment

Quoth Engmfj View Post
            Maybe I'm too tired or something, but I don't quite get that last incident - how many cars were there, who provoked who and who threw sauce at who?
            There was 2 cars. Car 1 had the bratty teens and car 2 had the burly man. The bratty teens were provoking the burly man and threw sauce at his car. The burly man was fuming but only got close to the bratty teen's bumper. Hope that helps.

Comment

Okay, now I get it - sorry about that, probably should go visit my couch now

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                Then, I see a big burly man, about 6'5", 270lbs, arms like a body builder, fists like sledge hammers and a face like an ex-con.
                I'm visualizing Shep Ramsey* flippimg the punks car over and leaving it rockin' on its roof.

*AKA Bulk Bogan in Suburpin Commando. The psych ward took us out to the movies for being good.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post

Stupid punks pull to the speaker and do typical stupid punk things; Yelling, blasting music, honking, talking and not ordering, arguing, switching seats, etc. Then, the decide to pick a fight with the guy behind them. Start calling him names and telling him to "bring it". Guy starts yelling back saying he'll pound their skulls in and shit like that. He sounds like a pro wrestler, not the type you would want to mess with unless you were brandishing an elephant rifle accompanying a fully trained German Shepard guard dog. Guy pulls to the speaker and rants about how he wants to kick the shit out of those brats and whatnot. Definetly sounds like a big man.

Punks come to the window. They are 4, scrawny little 16 year olds laughing and being obnoxious. The guy drives up behind them, speeding, and slams on his breaks bringing his car to a screeching halt inches away from Punk's bumper. I give him his food and tell him to leave. Punk continues to provoke the guy behind him. I flat out tell him to knock it off and leave now because I don't want blood on my clean window (yes I really said that). He promised to leave but wanted mild sauce first. I gave him 10 or so packets and shut the window on him. I turn away for a moment and when I look back, he's still there. Staring at me. Wide eyed, like a deer in headlights. I note that he now has only one or two packets. We stare at each other until he tosses the sauce on the dashboard and speeds off. The guy pulls up and the first thing I see is mild sauce packets pasted to this guys windshield and hood. Then, I see a big burly man, about 6'5", 270lbs, arms like a body builder, fists like sledge hammers and a face like an ex-con. Long story short, not the type of person I'd want to be within 10 feet of without a brick wall between us.

He was fuming and ranting about those punks and what they did. I apologised preofusly to which he responded my telling me not to apologise because it wasn't my fault. I did feel a little bad though becaue I should have seen that coming. :/
                  It sounds to me like someone REALLY needs to learn the laws of the land, one of which being that you can't act like an idiot without repercussions. A beat down was in order the moment they threw sauce packets at that man's car - and I'm sure if he had less self-control, one would have occurred. Those kids are lucky not to be in the hospital after that stunt, and I just hope they know that.

Comment

My shift usually has me rolling back into my hometown after 1am and there are many times when I will call my wife and ask her what she would like at the Bell since it's that and a 24 hr McD's and that is it for choices. We often go for the 12 pack and an extra or two.

Your stories have elevated my kindness factor for all people who serve the drive through. How you can stand to deal with the folks you do and still somehow not end up on trial for murder I cannot ever understand.

Keep up the good fight, and the stories. They are much appreciated.
                    "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

I think I'm very similar to Lydia. If a guest is yapping away on his cell phone when he comes up to the desk to get a room, I wait there in silence. If they don't get the hint after 30 seconds, I sit back down and start playing Free Cell. They usually get the hint then.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post

If they had tried that shit where I live they could have been killed. How did they know he didn't have a gun ? He could have called someone to come do his dirty work, too. Some people these days are raging psychopaths. This is why I avoid confrontation as much as possible.
                        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                          I've been feeling pretty shitty and have been working myself to death which didn't help matters. My days were spent working, trying to remain conscious and semi-alert and laying in bed in a daze. I haven't had a day off in weeks and haven't had time to recover. Even now I feel like shit and a half.
                          I hope you'll have a day off Soon, that you're feeling a bit better, and that you're getting some rest....
                          Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Feel better Kisa!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The local dumbasses when I worked late night fast food believed, believed with all their dumb little hearts, that since they were minors (sixteen or seventeen) no one could ever touch them.

So a group of them was constantly riding people, getting in their faces, picking fights because, HEY! We're, like, TOTALLY minors, what are they gonna do? Hit us, or something?

Friends, this will shock all of you, but about once a month they would pick on exactly the wrong person, and that person would beat the stuffing out of the first teen dumbass, out of the group, that they could get their hands on.

And then Mummy or Daddy would call and yell at ME for not protecting little Mr. Mouth-writes-checks-his-ass-can't-cash.

Hmm, your son, your five foot nine, one hundred forty pound son, picked a fight with a six foot nine inch, three hundred and eighty pound muscle-bound pile of anger, and you wanted me to, what, jump in front of your son and take the beating meant for him? In what alternate reality do you think that was going to happen?

Immediately followed by the usual sucky customer foolishness: "Isn't that your job?" or "I'm going to report you to corporate?" or "I'm calling the papers/Better Business Bureau/Oprah/etc."

Which is followed by me hanging up the phone. Mocking, rollicking laughter optional.
                              Last edited by TonyDonuts; 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM. Reason: clarity
                              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X