Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebound Media SCs (longish but broken down)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth angelkirie View Post
    The good news is, if you ever come to Major Swedish Furniture Store in Seattle, and are from Alaska, Oregon, Montana, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Alberta Canada, or are having goods delivered to an Indian Reservation, no tax for you!
    As a citizen of Alberta, it's probably easier for me to just drive to the one in town, instead of driving to Seattle and messing around with all of that paperwork.

But that means that I would have to want to buy from them. After my Door Debacle, I have no desire to. Beans to them.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

i work for the giant green apron and if someone shows us an oregon id we have a special button to not charge them sales tax.

Comment

I imagine she was mightily pissed afterwards when she realized I had directed her to a local mental health resource center. But she never called back, or if she did, no one mentioned it to me.
        My first thought was "Wow, I wonder how long I could get away with that before I got written up."

Probably a while....I'm seriously tempted to try it now because I have a few regular callers that could really use that kind of service. =p

Comment

Wow. I always just pay the other state's tax, even though I'm from Oregon.

It does always kind of throw me off a little though the first few times I'm rung up across the state border though.
          Same thing if I visit a gas station. Wait! There's no guy coming to undo my cap! Oh the humanity!

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
            I had a family in once, when they questioned the final price and I explained "tax" her response was "we live in Oregon". Good for you hon. She honestly thought that because she lived in Oregon, and Oregon doesn't have sales tax, that I shouldn't be charging her sales tax in *California*. I had to explain that you pay the tax on where you buy, not based on where you reside.
            God I hate that. I get people who come over from Delaware, (no salestax), and are miffed that our WM will charge them the 3.5% tax to thir purchases. If you don't like the tax stay in Delaware, for God's sake.
            Note to other NJ CS-ers: my area hets a 3.5% tax because I live in an enterprise develpment area, though so far the only enterprise to open up has been a torrent of SCs.

Comment

I'm Canadian. So if I'm not violently bent over the counter and shafted by at least 10% sales tax I feel unpatriotic. -.-

I think its around 13% total in BC between GST and PST.

Comment

Quoth angelkirie View Post
                The good news is, if you ever come to Major Swedish Furniture Store in Seattle, and are from Alaska, Oregon, Montana, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Alberta Canada, or are having goods delivered to an Indian Reservation, no tax for you!
                Ohhhh *That* Major Swedish Store Let me tell you, their stuff is "teh awesome.' Quite a few things in my house came from there

Anyhoo...what about the people who live in PA, and get pissy about the different sales tax rates between counties? Here, Allegheny County (basically Pittsburgh) is 7%, whearas the surrounding counties are at 5-6%. Plenty of people come here and bitch about that. They don't like it too much when we tell them to blame Harrisburg--you have to pay for those new stadiums somehow...
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                  I'm Canadian. So if I'm not violently bent over the counter and shafted by at least 10% sales tax I feel unpatriotic. -.-

I think its around 13% total in BC between GST and PST.
                  Funnily enough, I came back from a week in Canadalandia, and I hadn't got used to adding tax to the prices on the shelves. Within a day over here, I started mentally adding tax...

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                  X