This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's in the Family

I know this has been discussed before, but I thought I'd bring it up again.
    Do any of you have relatives/friends who are rude/nasty to customer service people? And how have you dealt with this?
    My girlfriend gets that way, on occasion, I'm sorry to say! Although to her credit, she has apologized, on occasion. She also lets off road rage while driving, unfortunately.

My brother's fiance refuses to let people in fast food get away with anything wrong. I believe I told the story involving Chik-Fil-A in the mall, and their horrible mangling of my order.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yeah my parents, will complain if something is not done to there liking. Also on tipping, they will give a few bucks, and right now, with my money being so tight, I cannot throw in any
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Oh gahhh I hate going anywhere with my great aunt. Like Thursday night for example. We went out to eat at Red Lobster and she wanted the large butterfly shrimp. So thats what she ordered. And thats what she got. But noooooooooooooooooooooo are you sure these are the large shrimp, because last time i ordered them they were bigger than this. And they were soooooo greasy.....ummm.... hello!! FRIED SHRIMP!!! gonna be a little greasy here. She kept going on and on and on about it. I though i was gonna flip out, she was driving me nuts!!
        So I vowed never again to go and eat ANYWHERE with her again lol
        "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

My dad, he doesn't tip, he treats anyone working in retail or fast food like the scum on the bottom of his shoe. I hate going shopping with him. Of course now that I am older with children of my own, I usually just put him in his place and say the things the people who are working can't.
          http://leae.livejournal.com/

Comment

Oh oh!

My dad is awful. Well, not awful, but he's one of the customer types that I never liked as a cashier: the "less speaky, more servey" guy.

He never wants cashiers to make small talk with him. He also never wants waiters/waitresses to do more than take the order, bring the order, and check up every so often. He actually turns red from anger when waiters try to engage him in small talk. When they try, he never gives more than a "yep" or "nope." It's actually a bit embarrassing to sit with him; he comes off as such an SC!

He's a good tipper, though: always 20% or more.
            ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I always have to slip money under a plate or something when I'm eating out with my grandmother because she only tips 15% if she thinks the service is really, really good. I only like to go out with my friends and family members that have worked in retail or restaurant industries like me, otherwise it can be really embarrassing.
              "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

My sister never tips the pizza boy
                I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Most of my uncles on my dad's side are ex farm boys, even though most of them have been off the farm for 40+ years, they all mostly still act like a bunch of hicks who've never traveled or seen the city before. Ya know the type....."taters" instead of "potatoes"...."fixin" instead of "getting ready".........ONE DOLLAR tip at restaurants......etc.....drives me nuts.

My dad has lost his temper a time or two at stores when he didn't know the full story on something.........one time he threatened to call the sheriff for fraud on Blockbuster because they'd charged my parents' credit card for my little brothers oh....month overdue video game. He demanded that they delete all of our accounts and he'd never do business with theives again.ehhhhhhhh....
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                    My sister never tips the pizza boy
                    That's dangerous.
                    "Jester, I have an opportunity for you." Uh oh. What does he want me to clean? "It 's a chance for you to make some extra money." Crap, it must be really gross!

-Jester

Comment

I once had a KFC delivery guy get REALLY nasty with me because he didn't feel his tip was big enough. I'd given him 15%, which I felt was more than fair, since KFC charges for delivery (and yes, their guys make a bit more than min. wage here, and they get to claim gas per km from the company). NOT ONLY did he bitch at me for giving him too small a tip, but he was REALLY late delivering my food, (like more than an hour, and it was a sunny tuesday, not like they were swamped), our chicken was cold, our drinks were HOT (they'd be stowed with the food), and then he threatened to just dump the food on the floor.

I tell you, I don't know if he still works there, but I damn well called to complain, and told them to NEVER send that bastard to my door again. (did I mention that he had his little tirade in front of my CHILDREN?) As it is, it was nearly 6 months before I ordered from KFC again (just last night, in fact). Last night, the food was fresh (yum), the delivery was within the promised 40 minutes, the delivery guy was very polite, and he got a good tip ($8 on a $32 order).
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

A lot of my friends are stupid and cheap, especially when it comes to drive thrus. They all want seperate orders, too cheap to ignore the difference, and they usually make me drive because they either don't have a car/license or are too drunk (I've told the story about the one who is banned from my car on these boards before). They also usually don't carry cash with them, which results in more troubles.

Also, they are cheap when it comes to the tip. One time we went for wings, and although the service wasn't great, it could have been worse. But I had to take care of pretty much the whole tip (even though I drove their asses) because they are cheap bastards.
                        free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

My dad makes me happy, because he is the opposite of an SC, for the most part. He worked min wage as a bus boy in his youth, and to this day, our family will clear the table for the bus boy at the restaurant (i.e. we stack the plates and silverware, wipe stuff off the table with napkins, etc). He's also very friendly, and he's the type to always get the server's name, address them by it, and ask nicely when he needs extra napkins and the like. He also tips quite well. Guess that's where I learned it!

A lot of my friends don't tip well/don't tip delivery guys/are really bad about clearing out of a restaurant when we're done eating as opposed to loitering. It annoys me, as I don't like being a PITA about it, but sometimes can't help it. I also have a lot of friends who rarely carry cash, then want to split the bill all kinds of weird ways.

Question: Anyone else have friends that are awful about splitting up bills? I'm talking people who order the most expensive thing on the menu, then want everyone to pay an equal fraction of the total cost, and people who don't include the tax or tip in the money they throw down for their meal. I can't remember the last time I went out to eat that I didn't have to pay an extra $10+ over what I owed (including my food, drink(s), tax and tip) to make sure the server got a decent tip.
                          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                          X