This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    SC: “Listen, this is weird, ok? But some pipes are hot, some are cold, some are medium. This is a medium pipe. It’s been spraying a little bit for a long time. Then it sprayed a lot. Then I punched a hole in it to make sure I could patch it all up.” <snip> “There’s almost no water going through it. It might be a pipe that comes on in the morning or something. It’s beyond my scope. What do you think?”
    Sounds like a steam pipe. They tend to be lukewarm, and there usually isn't any (or much) water in them... until the boiler kicks in.

If the temperature drops suddenly in her neighborhood, she may be in for a surprise.

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
    "She-ra."

I know a few people named Shira, pronounced the same way, with the emphasis on the "she" ... Was there some other sort of pronunciation that we're not aware of? Or was that actually how it was spelled?
    Was just thinking the same thing. It's a common Jewish girl's name. The derivation is from Hebrew שירה, meaning song or melody. (Hey, there's an English name Melody, wonder if that's related...)

Comment

Working...
    X